Any alcohol suggestions

kingcraig16

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have a fight in three weeks and i need to cut a little weight. Today will be my last time drinking until the fight. Just wondering any alcohol/beer that is the best to drink as in carbs/calorie wise.

I have a fight in three weeks and i need to cut a little weight. Today will be my last time drinking until the fight. Just wondering any alcohol/beer that is the best to drink as in carbs/calorie wise.

Micholob ultra is 90 calories. Rum with diet coke aint bad as well as bacardi and diet coke too.

white rum/diet coke is probably your best bet

or drink whatever you want in moderation

Martenilli's sparkling cider. Always gets me light headed really quickly.

Amstel Light is also around 90 calories, and IMO tastes better than Michelob Ultra. That stuff tastes like seltzer to me.

Drink a couple quality vodkas on the rocks and you won't feel all that set back tomorrow morning.

If your serious about fighting you shouldn't drink and even more so 3 weeks before a fight

I'd have to go with scotch on the rocks, its like nyquil for me, i drink like 2 and im passes out.

Martenilli's sparkling cider. Always gets me light headed really quickly.

I had to check if you were from Utah....those Provo BYU kids get Fuggered on that hard shit mang!

This is a good thread, I was going to make one similar as soon as I could find some data:

Calories in vodka? scotch? rum? etc.

I prefer Vodka / club soda. limes or no, its awesome. Very clean.

I have a type-1 diabetic relative and she drinks diet coke and vodka.

So I'm guessing that's a decent choice in terms of low sugar content.

yeah, and if you are only going to have one drink it really isnt going to matter what it is...its one drink. Just use common sense...and that common sense to me would be to wait untill after you win your fight to party.

Gin and tonic is a good choice, low cal.
what are you talking about? a typical gin and tonic has over 150 calories, and most people drink about ten of them at a sitting.

the obvious answer is no alcohol, although i suspect i'm feeding the troll.

fight the urge! or... just drink light beer. which means that you are gonna be drinking them 10 deep before you realize how much you had. but rum and diet is a good call.

Pre-fight for weeks..zero mang...cmon.

Some references, which equates me to drinking over 1000 (sometimes 1500-2000) calories in a single poker night with vodka soda's...gotta stop that shit I guess.

http://www.rochester.edu/uhs/healthtopics/Alcohol/caloricvalues.html

the average light beer still contains upwards of 100 or more calories per 12 oz can, and regular beer ranges from approximately 140-200 calories.

Despite the small quantity of liquid, a single shot of liquor (1.5 oz) can contain anywhere from 115-200 calories. In comparison, a 4.0 oz glass of wine contains anywhere from 62-160, with 160 being on the high end of the spectrum. Mixed drinks are where the calories really add up, ranging from approximately 280 calories for a gin and tonic to over 800 calories for some of the frozen, creamy drinks.

http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/AlcoholCaloriesAndWeight.html
Drinking alcohol does not contribute to weight gain, according to scientific medical research.

With:
Moderation is often described in the US as two drinks a day for a man and one drink a day for a women. These drinks can't be "saved" over time and then drunk in one day. A drink is:

* a 12-ounce bottle or can of regular beer
* a five-ounce glass of dinner wine
* a shot of liquor or spirits (either straight or in a mixed drink)

http://www.shapefit.com/alcohol-calories.html

Alcohol Item (serving size)
Carbs (g)
Beer, regular (12 fl oz)
13g
Beer, light (12 fl oz)
4.5g
Wine, red (3.5 fl oz)
1.75g
Wine, rose (3.5 fl oz)
Wine, white (3.5 fl oz)
1g
Cider, dry (1 pint)
15g
Gin, Rum, Vodka, Whisky (1 fl oz)
0g
Sherry (2 fl oz)
3g
Port (2 fl oz)
6g
Guinness (1/2 pint)
4g

Scientists have not been able to tie alcohol consumption consistently to weight gain. Some studies have found that drinking beer or spirits, for instance, increases waist-to-hip ratio, while some have found no relationship at all. One study showed that among female twins, body fat actually decreases with increasing alcohol consumption. Other researchers have also found that heavy drinking reduces body fat, but still others point to evidence that it raises the risk of becoming overweight or obese. There may never be a simple answer, since there are so many variables. For example:

Ray Audette

Back