Anton Chigurh (No Country) vs Mike Ehrmantraut (Breaking Bad)

anton via dat look in his eyes

anton-choking-a-dude.gif

Mike would mob the floor with Anton's head and make proper use of that god-awful haircut. Seriously, that giant turd on his head was almost killing the movie for me.

Mike only lost to a prime Heisenberg. I'll go Mike.

Mike via tactical advantage. he's play Anton like a fiddle.

Initially, my gut told me Anton. But my brain says Mike. Mike has had to contend with dozens of other assassins, gangsters, and people of ill repute. And that's just since he left law enforcement. Protecting a principal from cartel hitters has given Mike daily experience in staying ahead of savagery. Law enforcement experience makes him highly knowledgeable in modern TTPs.

Anton, on the other hand, makes a living out of taking out non-professionals. He's ruthless, relentless, and smart to be sure, but I don't think he has it in him to hunt down a man like Mike. Remember: Mike has SOCOM combat vets to back him up, as well as law enforcement resources. Anton would be trying to hunt a pride, as opposed to a single lion.

Me thinks that Mike doesn't even bother going on the offensive. He waits for Anton to come to him, then makes him play on Mike's court. When the actual shooting starts, Mike and his cadre cut Anton down swiftly.

All this

Then you pick Sugar, since he didnt die?
No, I pick him because he represents violence itself, and he never wilts.

Mike's Half Measures speech is great but it also defines his character as a person that can be compromised. And he was, to the very end. Throughout the series Mike succumbed, having to grin and bear quite the number of degradations.

If we're to assume Anton is an actual human and not a supernatural force, he's just one more cartel hitman on Miguel's long victim list of cartel hitmen. Anton's slow methodical "ooh I'm so creepy" schtick would get snuffed out and besmirched with the quickness by a pro's pro like Miguel

If we're to assume Anton is an actual human and not a supernatural force, he's just one more cartel hitman on Miguel's long victim list of cartel hitmen. Anton's slow methodical "ooh I'm so creepy" schtick would get snuffed out and besmirched with the quickness by a pro's pro like Miguel

top-gun-high-five.gif

That's awesome. Did he legit have a part or was it a small cameo? I might have to watch BCS

very small cameo. If you loved breaking bad, you'll love better call Saul.

Chigurh v. Lt. CHANG from Only God Forgives would be a good debate.

Back