Antoinina Schevchenko vs Valentina Schevchenko?

Alright, so if Antoinina is anything like her sister, and it appears she is, she's gonna blow right through this competition and be a top contender, which means there's a strong possibility she could face her sister for a title shot.

Has this ever happened before? Have siblings ever had to fight for a title? Or would this be a first?
I see..a noob yellow belt. Starting a wmma thread without any pics is blasphemy. Learn the code or don't post

Pics of Antonina or gtfo
antonina-shevchenko-02.jpg

LOL

Alright, so if Antoinina is anything like her sister, and it appears she is, she's gonna blow right through this competition and be a top contender, which means there's a strong possibility she could face her sister for a title shot.

Has this ever happened before? Have siblings ever had to fight for a title? Or would this be a first?

i think in the end antoinina moved up she was fighting at 135 before and i was stocked to see her drop down to start with.

I wasn't questioning who would win, just how interesting it would be if the title was fought between siblings.

Sparring/rolling session with Val trying to sub her

But they won’t fight as I’m sure you know

Why don't you think they'd fight each other if they're in the same division?
They just won't. They're really close. Teammates won't even fight each other (DC vs Cain; Askren vs Woodley). Why would you think biological sisters would fight each other? Although I'm sure they aren't opposed to making money, they seem to be in it for love of the sport more than fame and fortune.

EDIT: I was being lazy assuming everyone knew this already.

Antonina said that she doesn’t expect that she and her sister will be on any kind of collision course. And if it ever came up, she would definitely not fight her sibling.

“I don’t think so,” Antonina said. “Of course, we’ll never fight as sisters. Valentina now is No. 1 contender at flyweight. I’m sure in a few months she will be the champion of this division. If I win this fight in Contender Series, I will be just entering UFC. There will be a hard, long way before you become No. 3, No. 5, No. 1. it’ll be a long way and hard way, so we’ll see.”

They just won't. They're really close. Teammates won't even fight each other (DC vs Cain; Askren vs Woodley). Why would you think biological sisters would fight each other? Although I'm sure they aren't opposed to making money, they seem to be in it for love of the sport more than fame and fortune.

EDIT: I was being lazy assuming everyone knew this already.

“I don’t think so,” Antonina said. “Of course, we’ll never fight as sisters. Valentina now is No. 1 contender at flyweight. I’m sure in a few months she will be the champion of this division. If I win this fight in Contender Series, I will be just entering UFC. There will be a hard, long way before you become No. 3, No. 5, No. 1. it’ll be a long way and hard way, so we’ll see.”

Oh, I see. I suppose that makes sense. I know friends have fought each other, like Arlovski and Browne. They're apparently very close. It'd still be cool to have both sisters together at that high a level.

You know there’s a huge chance Roxy subs her right??

This fight never gonna happen, even IF they were evenly matched.

Those girls are CLOSE sisters, and they are just never going to fight each other. This is like Cain & DC : stop asking, cos it ain't happening.

The amount of strikes thrown in that fight would average like 0.3 per round.

This fight never gonna happen, even IF they were evenly matched.

Those girls are CLOSE sisters, and they are just never going to fight each other. This is like Cain & DC : stop asking, cos it ain't happening.
They’re even closer than them lol

Back