• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

antifa protesters found not guilty

so i assume the neo nazi who mowed down protesters was found not guilty as well? sets a precedent

so i assume the neo nazi who mowed down protesters was found not guilty as well? sets a precedent
First, that's not how laws work. A trial court in Virginia does not "set precedent" for a trial court in DC.

Second,
Yes, some of the people at the protest engaged in criminal activity, and these people were also at the protest. But to convict someone of criminal activity you need to show that they personally were involved in the criminal activity, not just that they were in some way associated with others who did. The government failed to show that they were personally involved. It only showed an association with (mostly unidentified) people who were.
Compare that to the case you are drawing a bad comparison to, where he was driving the car. Doing an act can be criminal. Being part of the same club as other people who are doing criminal acts is not.

I know that you're impenetrable, so no need to respond. This one's for everyone else:

The position in the post I am quoting is anti-american; it is one of (literal) guilt-by-association.

Yes, some of the people at the protest engaged in criminal activity, and these people were also at the protest. But to convict someone of criminal activity you need to show that they personally were involved in the criminal activity, not just that they were in some way associated with others who did.

A helicopter crashed during that so called white nationalist protest and liberals wanted to press charges on the organi
Why don't you post your source? I have never seen the numbers you're referencing.

Haven't some states like n.j. labeled them terrorists. What more do you need.

Under Obama it was frowned upon to call these losers out.

Under Obama is was uncool to be patriotic

Hasn't even been a year, wait until these anti ameicans are really cast out.

A helicopter crashed during that so called white nationalist protest and liberals wanted to press charges on the organi
No such lawsuit was filed, let alone on a comparable theory of association, and any such lawsuit would have been properly thrown out. I don't know of a single liberal who called for such a suit, either.

Although you could probably find some retarded post on Reddit talking about a lawsuit, no such suit was filed. Here there were actual charges filed.

Moreover, your attempt to excuse your shitty behavior and beliefs by claiming that some liberals somewhere are similar in some way is pathetic. At best, that just means you have company in your shittiness and childishly think that makes it ok. At worst, it means you're making things up about other people to excuse your shittiness.

No such lawsuit was filed, let alone on a comparable theory of association, and any such lawsuit would have been properly thrown out. I don't know of a single liberal who called for such a suit, either.

Although you could probably find some retarded post on Reddit talking about a lawsuit, no such suit was filed. Here there were actual charges filed.

Moreover, your attempt to excuse your shitty behavior and beliefs by claiming that some liberals somewhere are similar in some way is pathetic. At best, that just means you have company in your shittiness and childishly think that makes it ok. At worst, it means you're making things up about other people to excuse your shittiness.

That guy Steven Colbert? He did a while intro to his show on it and the crowd were cheering.

That guy Steven Colbert? He did a while intro to his show on it and the crowd were cheering.
Cool. Never seen that whole show where Colbert called for people to be sued because of a helicopter crash, and I'm not convinced that the episode exists.

But even if that episode does exist
No such lawsuit was filed, let alone on a comparable theory of association, and any such lawsuit would have been properly thrown out. Here there were actual charges filed.

And for good measure, because it didn't sink in the first time:
Your attempt to excuse your shitty behavior and beliefs by claiming that some liberals somewhere are similar in some way is pathetic. At best, that just means you have company in your shittiness and childishly think that makes it ok.

Edit: I just looked up the Colbert episode that you are alleging shows him calling for organizers to be sued because of a helicopter crash. The transcript does not mention lawsuits, suing, or anything of that nature.

The helicopter crash is mentioned to this extent: "In addition, two Virginia state troopers, H. Jay Cullen and Berke Bates, who were monitoring the rally from the air, were killed when their helicopter crashed."

What a lying scumbag you appear to be. Not only are you justifying your shittiness by pointing to something that you claim liberals were doing, your example appears to have been made up.

Last edited:
I think I am going to form a gang of masked vigilantes called the "Che Guevara Rough Riders" or CGRR for short, and go around pepper spraying, beating, and robbing people in MAGA Hats and give the proceeds to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Not really based on the outcome of this, or anything the goons of antifa do in general, I just want to see who will lionize and condemn my revolutionary brigade.

I could also form an alt-right group that wears bright orange wigs and calls ourselves "American Greatness" and beats Silicon Valley tycoons and migrant workers.

Not really based on the outcome of this, or anything the goons of alt-right do in general, I just want to see who will lionize and condemn my revolutionary brigade.

Hmm. Anyone rushing to praise, anything, for or against Trump might want to keep in mind that political intimidation or violence of any kind is hypocritical and disgusting, and leads to trouble for a free society.

I support the CGRR

Cool. Never seen that whole show where Colbert called for people to be sued because of a helicopter crash, and I'm not convinced that the episode exists.

But even if that episode does exist

And for good measure, because it didn't sink in the first time:

Edit: I just looked up the Colbert episode that you are alleging shows him calling for organizers to be sued because of a helicopter crash. The transcript does not mention lawsuits, suing, or anything of that nature.

The helicopter crash is mentioned to this extent: "In addition, two Virginia state troopers, H. Jay Cullen and Berke Bates, who were monitoring the rally from the air, were killed when their helicopter crashed."

What a lying scumbag you appear to be. Not only are you justifying your shittiness by pointing to something that you claim liberals were doing, your example appears to have been made up.

Lol, the guy while taking about the protest mentions that during it 2 cops were killed.

He didnt directly say it, but he definitely made the connection between the two.

I Remember his rant , he goes on to say president trump did not condemn the protesters , then they show a clip of trump saying he condemns both sides.

It's was a joke. Another tough guy making fun of the kkk.

Would he make fun of Muslim gangs or black.

He acts like the kkk are a threat. Like they are the ones always getting arrested , like they are the ones that make up the prison population.

It's a cop out. Go after the real threat

@HomerThompson

The following quote is directly off of the ADL's website

"The year 2016 was unusual in that right-wing extremists did not dominate the murder statistics, as they have each year for more than 30 years. Anti-government extremists and white supremacists were responsible for only a minority of extremist related deaths in 2016"
https://www.adl.org/education/resources/reports/murder-and-extremism-in-the-united-stin-2016
From your own source:
"The Pulse massacre was a single event so egregious in its casualty tolls that it can actually distort statistics and perceptions surrounding the extremist landscape."

You're welcome.

EDIT:
And wadda ya know,
"These low figures also occurred during a year in which non-violent right-wing extremist activity was high, in large part due to agitation and propaganda by the so-called alt-right and other extremists in connection with the 2016 presidential election.

Because extremist murder statistics are volatile and can vary considerably between any two given years, the relatively low numbers of deaths connected to right-wing extremists should not yet be taken as indicative of a trend, particularly given the high numbers in recent years. Similarly low numbers in 2017, however, might indicate some sort of shift."

Last edited:
Lol, the guy while taking about the protest mentions that during it 2 cops were killed.

He didnt directly say it, but he definitely made the connection between the two.

I Remember his rant , he goes on to say president trump did not condemn the protesters , then they show a clip of trump saying he condemns both sides.

He acts like the kkk are a threat. Like they are the ones always getting arrested , like they are the ones that make up the prison population.

You claimed liberals wanted to sue the organizers of a rally because of a helicopter crash. You were doing this as a terrible defense to your guilt by association theory. (As pointed out, "other people do it too" is the sort of defense a child with no sense of personal responsibility uses.)

When pressed, you claimed Colbert did it.

You have now admitted that the episode in question did not call for a lawsuit, and only mentioned the helicopter crash in passing. You don't like the actual content of the episode either, but it was unrelated to the current discussion and what you claimed happened did not actually happen.

This is blatant dishonesty. Grow up.

And your attempt at deflection when you have been caught lying is transparent.

Is it all the drugs people take during the holidays? There's been a lot of self-pwnage on here lately from people not reading/comprehending their own sources.

The most deadly gang in American prison system is the Aryan Brotherhood.

It makes up 0.1% of the prison population but accounts for between 20-25% of all murders in prison.

From your own source:
"The Pulse massacre was a single event so egregious in its casualty tolls that it can actually distort statistics and perceptions surrounding the extremist landscape."

You're welcome.

EDIT:
And wadda ya know,
"These low figures also occurred during a year in which non-violent right-wing extremist activity was high, in large part due to agitation and propaganda by the so-called alt-right and other extremists in connection with the 2016 presidential election.

Because extremist murder statistics are volatile and can vary considerably between any two given years, the relatively low numbers of deaths connected to right-wing extremists should not yet be taken as indicative of a trend, particularly given the high numbers in recent years. Similarly low numbers in 2017, however, might indicate some sort of shift."

So it basically comes down to semantics to which side you want to point the finger at I guess. Regardless the hysteria that comes from both left and right wing violence has been getting blown out of proportion when looking at the big picture. It doesn't mean that these groups are not dangerous, but the overload of media we have at our fingertips these days gives these fringe groups and situations a larger stage than they deserve.

So it basically comes down to semantics to which side you want to point the finger at I guess. Regardless the hysteria that comes from both left and right wing violence has been getting blown out of proportion when looking at the big picture. It doesn't mean that these groups are not dangerous, but the overload of media we have at our fingertips these days gives these fringe groups and situations a larger stage than they deserve.
It's not semantics. You're just plain wrong. Your source doesn't support your argument. End of story.

Well, good. Now I know the next time someone gets elected I don't care for, I have a license to break other people's shit.

I think I am going to form a gang of masked vigilantes called the "Che Guevara Rough Riders" or CGRR for short, and go around pepper spraying, beating, and robbing people in MAGA Hats and give the proceeds to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Not really based on the outcome of this, or anything the goons of antifa do in general, I just want to see who will lionize and condemn my revolutionary brigade.

look into the Bundy's. Already being done.

I could also form an alt-right group that wears bright orange wigs and calls ourselves "American Greatness" and beats Silicon Valley tycoons and migrant workers.

Not really based on the outcome of this, or anything the goons of alt-right do in general, I just want to see who will lionize and condemn my revolutionary brigade.

Hmm. Anyone rushing to praise, anything, for or against Trump might want to keep in mind that political intimidation or violence of any kind is hypocritical and disgusting, and leads to trouble for a free society.

Well, good. Now I know the next time someone gets elected I don't care for, I have a license to break other people's shit.
Like the defendants in this case, you have always legally been allowed to attend a protest even if other people are engaged in criminal behavior.

If you break other people's shit, something that the defendants apparently did not do, you will be prosecuted as normal.

You would know this if you had read the thread.

Back