anti-racists topple "Silent Sam" confederate statue at UNC campus

The people buying the slaves had no fault?
They clearly had their share of fault.
But, if we are going to be outraged over slavery, save some for the Africans themselves for actually capturing and selling their fellow Africans.

So? No one forced Whites to buy them. If Whites didn't demand slaves, there wouldn't have been a trans-Atlatic slave trade market. And you apologism of White Supremacy is akin to blaming Jews for the deaths of Jews in the Holocaust since both Jews and Germans are White.
Slavery was around a long long time before the Trans Atlantic portion, though. The Arab slave trade predates it by at least 500 years, and prior to that the Ashanti, Yoruba, Imbangala and Nyamwezi were all notably involved with intertribal slavery.
The trans-Atlantic slave trade was a small blip on the long history of slavery, stop making it sound as if it is a White invention.

Point it out then, and I'll comment.

By the way @curryjunkie, cute kid in your avatar. Is that yours?
saw the pic online and it made me laugh, so i used it, my kid is 20 years old , and you know damm well what microbrew is talking about, you're just doing normal ripskater stuff.

Last edited:
Slavery was around a long long time before the Trans Atlantic portion, though. The Arab slave trade predates it by at least 500 years, and prior to that the Ashanti, Yoruba, Imbangala and Nyamwezi were all notably involved with intertribal slavery.
The trans-Atlantic slave trade was a small blip on the long history of slavery, stop making it sound as if it is a White invention.
Never said or implied it was a White invention, only disagreed with Rip's attempt at downplaying the blame attributed to White slave owners, and his attempt at trying to lump all Africans as 1 people.

I just saw this and was about to respond but saw your last line. Yea I think we disagree on some points in the end, however I respect your opinion and appreciate the way you presented it. Good convo.
You can respond with some final thoughts if you'd like, that's what I gave you the last word for.

If not fine by me as well.

Back