anti-racists topple "Silent Sam" confederate statue at UNC campus

Peter Smits

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/21/confederate-statue-on-unc-campus-toppled-by-protesters.html

so apparently a bunch of babies destroyed a historical public monument and think they ended racism, or something along those lines. Most people online seem to disagree with what they did, because rather than try and remove the statue legally they circumvented the law and endangered themselves and others. This appears to follow a trend of leftists believing the "ends justify the means", and they will employ whatever illegal tactics necessary to get whatever they think is socially just. The university should kick out any students involved, and the police should be making arrests. Should be interesting to see what response comes next..

Good!

Here is a bit of knowledge about the dedication of the statue

"Towards the end of the speech, Carr stated that:

The present generation... scarcely takes note of what the Confederate soldier meant to the welfare of the Anglo Saxon race during the four years immediately succeeding the war... their courage and steadfastness saved the very life of the Anglo Saxon race in the South.

Brundage states that "the four years immediately succeeding the war" is a clear reference to the terrorization of blacks and white Republicans by the Ku Klux Klan, which worked to restore the dominance of the traditional white hierarchy in the south.[9] Carr went on to boast to the campus crowd that:

One hundred yards from where we stand, less than ninety days perhaps after my return from Appomattox, I horse whipped a negro wench until her skirts hung in shreds because she had maligned and insulted a Southern lady, and then rushed for protection to these University buildings where was stationed a garrison of 100 Federal soldiers. I performed the pleasing duty in the immediate presence of the entire garrison.[9]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Sam

This kind of stuff is why Trump won.

The far left does not get it.

This makes my respect for the Confederacy grow even more, don't these dum dum lefties understand that

This makes my respect for the Confederacy grow even more, don't these dum dum lefties understand that
If one more statue comes down I will join the hispanic chapter of the kkk and vote Drump in 2020! Take that lefty ladyboy scum!

First they came for the KKK, then the slavers, then they came for the nazis and then there were no more stupid statues to topple. Slippery slope.

Good!

The present generation... scarcely takes note of what the Confederate soldier meant to the welfare of the Anglo Saxon race during the four years immediately succeeding the war... their courage and steadfastness saved the very life of the Anglo Saxon race in the South.

Brundage states that "the four years immediately succeeding the war" is a clear reference to the terrorization of blacks and white Republicans by the Ku Klux Klan, which worked to restore the dominance of the traditional white hierarchy in the south.[9] Carr went on to boast to the campus crowd that:

One hundred yards from where we stand, less than ninety days perhaps after my return from Appomattox, I horse whipped a negro wench until her skirts hung in shreds because she had maligned and insulted a Southern lady, and then rushed for protection to these University buildings where was stationed a garrison of 100 Federal soldiers. I performed the pleasing duty in the immediate presence of the entire garrison.[9]"

Why do you say breaking the law is good? More ends justifying the means and as others have said its a slippery slope. I'll give you the guy from the 19th century was considered racist under todays standards, when racism wasnt even a word in the dictionary back then - what a shocker. Doesnt detract from the protesters dangerous actions.

Why do you say breaking the law is good? More ends justifying the means and as others have said its a slippery slope. I'll give you the guy from the 19th century was considered racist under todays standards, when racism wasnt even a word in the dictionary back then - what a shocker. Doesnt detract from the protesters dangerous actions.

"I love white knighting for racism"

<{1-1}>

Close, but wrong. It doesn't make me respect anything, but especially not the people who throw tantrums and destroy property and get away with it. A dangerous precedent is being set in our society. I'm not sure we all see it happening.

Good!

You support property crime. Not a bad thing to confirm your total lack of moral credibility.

Close, but wrong. It doesn't make me respect anything, but especially not the people who throw tantrums and destroy property and get away with it. A dangerous precedent is being set in our society. I'm not sure we all see it happening.
= I love racist statues dedicated by racist cause muh confederacy

<mma2>

You support property crime. Not a bad thing to confirm your total lack of moral credibility.
Moral credibility?

<Dany07>

You support racist statues dedicated by racist.

= I love racist statues dedicated by racist cause muh confederacy

<mma2>
giphy.gif

Back