***Anthony "The Hippo" Perosh SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must have made that finish extra nice. What a moment that was. We have discussion threads on here for each fight as the happen live and when you landed that shot the board was really excited.
I was excited too!

Now you are retired from MMA, would you consider taking part in Jiu-Jitsu competitons - ADCC or an EBI / Polaris etc if you were approached.

Also, a throwback to your fight with Vinny Magalhaes a few years ago. Although it was a sick KO, i remember being gutted the fight didn't hit the mat. Do you remember what you gameplan was that fight - did you wan't to avoid the ground game with him or were you happy enough if it went there (being a BJJ black belt)?

Hi, Anthony, welcome to Sherdog!

I have two questions:

1. What was your first thought when you knocked out Magalhaes, after all that trash talk from him?

2. As your parents are from Dalmatia, Croatia, do you have any 'feelings' towards football club Hajduk? :)

Thanks!
It was a great feeling after the KO. More that I got the win and got to win in Brazil.

My mum is from Kastel Stari in Split and my dad from Solta. Yes I go for Hajduk Split!

@Anthony Perosh how do you rate Australia's BJJ schools compared to other countries? Are they further ahead of MMA gyms or about the same In Australia?

I know you do a tonne of work in and around Australia with seminars and so forth. If I was looking to start BJJ would I be able to walk into any BJJ class and expect a high-level of training?

Now you are retired from MMA, would you consider taking part in Jiu-Jitsu competitons - ADCC or an EBI / Polaris etc if you were approached.

Also, a throwback to your fight with Vinny Magalhaes a few years ago. Although it was a sick KO, i remember being gutted the fight didn't hit the mat. Do you remember what you gameplan was that fight - did you wan't to avoid the ground game with him or were you happy enough if it went there (being a BJJ black belt)?

Yes I do want to get back in to BJJ comps. If I do I want to always have a great fight camp.

I was prepared to go to the mat with Vinny in our match in the UFC.

@Anthony Perosh how do you rate Australia's BJJ schools compared to other countries? Are they further ahead of MMA gyms or about the same In Australia?

I know you do a tonne of work in and around Australia with seminars and so forth. If I was looking to start BJJ would I be able to walk into any BJJ class and expect a high-level of training?

Australian BJJ and MMA schools rate among the best with our countries.

If you want to start training in BJJ or MMA do your due diligence and find out who they are.

Sup Anthony!!

I know fighters claim they're never scared going into the cage but have you, knowing that the guy you'e fighting is in there to try and smash you infront of thousands if not millions. I dont mean nerves but actual fear?

Hi Anthony I was wondering you if you'd ever consider doing on of the BJJ tournaments they have on fight pass and is their any MMA fighter you'd like to have a grappling match against?
Yes I would like to get back in to BJJ comps! There's no one in particular I want to fight at this stage.

Hey Anthony!

Do you believe a good amount of fighters or Dana are aware of Sherdog? And does anything that gets said here matter at all?
Sherdog is a great website/news/forum to get your thoughts across. Sometimes it takes time to act. But people are always listening.

Anthony ...

Who are your favorite MMA fighters to watch from a fan perspective?

There's a lot of guys getting busted for steroids these days. What's gym etiquette if you hear a guy is on roids? Do you just avoid the subject and nobody mentions it? It seems it would be pretty strange to see a guy who's cheating beating other guys. I feel like when some guys get busted other people in the gym suspect it or know but it's just one of those things you can't really do much about.

Sup Anthony!!

I know fighters claim they're never scared going into the cage but have you, knowing that the guy you'e fighting is in there to try and smash you infront of thousands if not millions. I dont mean nerves but actual fear?
No I haven't ever been scared. If you are scared to fight you shouldn't be there.

Alright guys, Anthony is gonna head off soon, try and get your last questions in!

Anthony, thanks for being gracious enough to join us here on the forums and we hope to have you back again soon.

Who was your toughest UFC fight and who hit the hardest?

Also, any thoughts on the possible unionization of MMA fighters in the UFC and larger organizations?

Thanks again!!!

No question, just wanted to thank you for taking the time to stop by on the Forums for a Q&A. We really appreciate it!

There's a lot of guys getting busted for steroids these days. What's gym etiquette if you hear a guy is on roids? Do you just avoid the subject and nobody mentions it? It seems it would be pretty strange to see a guy who's cheating beating other guys. I feel like when some guys get busted other people in the gym suspect it or know but it's just one of those things you can't really do much about.
As a MMA/BJJ gym owner I would pull them aside privately and discuss the situation.

Hello Anthony. What's your physical conditioning-training consist of?

Anthony, thanks for being gracious enough to join us here on the forums and we hope to have you back again soon.

Who was your toughest UFC fight and who hit the hardest?

Also, any thoughts on the possible unionization of MMA fighters in the UFC and larger organizations?

Thanks again!!!
Thank you my pleasure.

All the fights were hard and they all hit hard haha. Even in the fights I won!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back