• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anthony Smith vs Jiri Prochazka should be next

Nah, Anthony Smith is B level.

Jiri, Rakic and Jan are the big dogs now.
Glover is there but I feel he will get defeated by any of those 3.

Smith belongs to the category of the Marettas or Reyes. Guys who even fought for the belt at some point but now they have nothing to offer anymore.

Why else would you want to see such an unnecessary fight? Other than to hope he gets caught and knocked down a few pegs? You can hope all you want. That title shot is lined up.

Dumb dumb

This is a less good matchup for Anthony Smith. He does not seem to like fast/high pressure and that's pretty much the whole deal with Jiri. I'd say Smith is better off facing Reyes actually.

Will Jiri wait that long

UFC 266 is in september, and if that is a war, the winner could be out until 2022
Even if it's not a war, doubt that Jan would want to defend 3x in a year, if he does win. Plus Glover is 40+.

Anthony Smith looked phenomenal on feet against Crute, a legit LHW prospect.

Anthony Smith has been finished once in his entire UFC career for last five years.

Anthony Smith deserves a top 10 opponent.

Jiri only has wins over Volkan and Reyes. It's debatable he already deserves a title shot. He could use a top 10 opponent who isn't someone who will try to grapplefuck him like Rakic.

Smith isn't booked. Jiri isn't booked. I also wanna see Walker vs Jiri, but oh well.

This is going to be a good fight.
He's been finished twice in the past 3 years wtf u talking about.

phenomenal?

he looked PHENOMENAL against Crute??

1st round was pretty fucking even and you could even argue that Crute won it

His jab looked great, I'll give him that
Crute won that round, and I can’t believe he took Smith down twice with a bad foot.

Smith be like
nah-im-good-meme-creator-funny-nah-im-good-51254300.png

Smith vs Ankalaev
Jiri vs champ or Jones

You’re out of your mind. Jiri is the #1 contender. Smith lost his TS, then 2 of his next 3 fights. Somehow beating Devin Clark and whatever that was against Crute give him the right to fight Jiri?! Lol absolutely not.

Back