Anthony Pettis vs. Conor

Conor lost to Duffy too. I told you man he's not a good fighter. I agree. I mean, he has losses.

His loss to Duffy was very early in his career and has no bearing on his UFC stint. The Nate loss was 3 fights ago, I think if you are reasonable you would agree that is relatively recent in his fighting career and thus ought to be considered. Conor lost recently to a bordeline top ten LW, it is a fact. While I would favor Conor in a matchup with Pettis, him losing to Pettis, especially a prime Pettis, is not that far fecthed.

His loss to Duffy was very early in his career and has no bearing on his UFC stint. The Nate loss was 3 fights ago, I think if you are reasonable you would agree that is relatively recent in his fighting career and thus ought to be considered. Conor lost recently to a bordeline top ten LW, it is a fact. While I would favor Conor in a matchup with Pettis, him losing to Pettis, especially a prime Pettis, is not that far fecthed.

Agreed. Pettis has a chance to beat Conor.

I hate Conors personality, but he would ko Pettis who has mediocre hands and bad defense.

Pettis was overrated. The current Pettis is "Prime" Pettis. He just got exposed not being able to handle pressure fighters.

RDA wrote thr blueprint to beating him

nate_diaz_submits_conor_mcgregor_the_finish.gif
Styles make fights. You name me anyone who kept it standing with Nate and won in recent times? Not very many. Pettis would get out classed against Diaz. Conor is the only fighter who can go toe to toe with Nate and just box.

Pettis was overrated. The current Pettis is "Prime" Pettis. He just got exposed not being able to handle pressure fighters.

RDA wrote thr blueprint to beating him

Actually Guida did

That's how I see it. If Pettis can't land a devastating kick until then, I think he would have to go for the takedown. And I think he could and he could beat Conor on the ground. But I also think he wouldn't and then he would get slept by the left :( lol

I’ve never seen a Pettis shot for a TD, especially offensively. Only reason why Connor lost to Diaz is because he tried to foolishly outbox him. Pettis doesn’t have Diaz boxing or pace really.

Styles make fights. You name me anyone who kept it standing with Nate and won in recent times? Not very many. Pettis would get out classed against Diaz. Conor is the only fighter who can go toe to toe with Nate and just box.

RDA outstruck Diaz 77 to 13 in significant strikes. 77 to 13! Josh Thompson KO'd him. Prime Pettis would outclass Nate badly. I won't go back and forth with you because I am a Diaz fan though. I like his fights.

Conor has far better hands but Anthony is dangerous at range, has underrated takedowns, and is a wizard on the mat.

I'd take Conor, but wouldn't be surprised if Anthony landed a liver kick or pulled off a guillotine.

Pettis is a very exciting fighter but some of his flaws are Conor's bread and butter:

Pettis fights in straight lines and back himself up against the cage, and he doesn't reacts well to pressure. On the other hand Conor is good at pressuring fighters, has good footwork and doesn't gets hit very often.

Pettis boxing defense is Average, Conor is an accurate power puncher.

Pettis is notban explosive wrestler who will take Conor dowm amd hold him down like Chad Mendes.

The only way that Pettis wins that fight is by learning how to circle away from the cage and exploting Conor's cardio issues in a 5 rounds fight, or by catching him with a sneaky like he always does becayse Conor has a very good chin on him.

I’ve never seen a Pettis shot for a TD, especially offensively. Only reason why Connor lost to Diaz is because he tried to foolishly outbox him. Pettis doesn’t have Diaz boxing or pace really.

Yeah it usually came "naturally" while mixing it up and that way he was able to take down guys like Benson. Against Stephens, though, it really was like "Seriously, dude, you wanna play the wrestling game? Ok, I will just take you down now" and he took him down repeatedly in a pure wrestling match.

Prime - pre-RDA - Pettis takes conor out.

nowadays - iffy. Most likely he gets tko'd in 2 - or he stops conor late 2-5round (depending on the number of rounds).

RDA outstruck Diaz 77 to 13 in significant strikes. 77 to 13! Josh Thompson KO'd him. Prime Pettis would outclass Nate badly. I won't go back and forth with you because I am a Diaz fan though. I like his fights.
RDA beat Pettis into a bloody pulp, a pulp! Poirier beat the shit out of Pettis, Conor wrecked Poirer. See how this works? Not to mention, In Pettis' last seven fights, he took 3 losses (2 ko's) by men Conor absolutely starched.

RDA beat Pettis into a bloody pulp, a pulp! Poirier beat the shit out of Pettis, Conor wrecked Poirer. See how this works? Not to mention, In Pettis' last seven fights, he took 3 losses (2 ko's) by men Conor absolutely starched.

MMA math doesn't work. RDA beat the shit out of Diaz who fnished Conor...

Conor is not that good. I agree. Who did he beat besides Holloway, Aldo, Mendes, Alvarez, Diaz, Poirier? Yes, I know he kinda embarrased all of them but that's all he could beat.
He got lucky against Brimage. He is the crappiest fighter in the UFC, not even the best CM. Faber, Lamas, Pettis, CoGar, Carioso and Andy Wang would all mop the floor with him. He only wins because fighters fight dumb and run in to his outstretched left hand on purpose, and are all part of the conspiracy to carry and make Conor look good. The bus incident was holograms and a crisis actor played Khabib in the bus.

MMA math doesn't work. RDA beat the shit out of Diaz who fnished Conor...
No shit you dufus, that was the point. Poirier AND Holloway Ko'd Pettis, Conor beat them both soundly. Eddie fucked RDA up, Conor TOYED with Eddie. Exactly what is your point?

Pettis would have to take this to the ground otherwise he would get pieced up on the feet.

Pettis would beat Conor to an absolute pulp.

Back