Anthony Pettis: No more Mr Nice Guy

yeah jeremy stephens is better than 90% of SF and bellator fighters.. TRUTH

Lol theres even more LWs in bellator better than him than the 5-10 I mentioned for SF.

Chandler
Hawn
Friere
Held
Brooks
Woodard
Torloni
Weedman

Then you have guys like the below who could be better but aren't quite proven yet.

Jansen
Tiger
Michel
JJ Ambrose
Rickels

i dont think gil will beat any top 10 fighter except maybe nate diaz, pettis and cerrone are definitely #1 contender match, but Bendo and Gil need a fight so its going down like that

Stephens would have lost to everyone Melendez has fought in Strikeforce, and most of their top fighters, he isn't that good he just has a lot of power for a smaller guy.

i like this new pettis

im going to that fight live

cant wait

:eek:

He would have gotten his shot, but he lost to Clay Guida. So, what he needs to do is go in there and beat Cerrone, and possibly one more guy and his shot will come. Melendez to unify the title against Bendo makes perfect sense right now.

Do you just copy and paste this quote In every thread? Who gives a fuck if Maynard KO'd a scrub in 9 seconds, that's his only KO on his resume besides KOing himself, lay praynard only has 11 wins and 9 are by decision. Eddie has 24 wins and 14 are by KO, 7 Subs only 3 decisions. LOL @ if gray hits Eddie like he hit Edgar he's not getting up, eddie has shown more recovery and resilience than Edgar has in his career. Eddie is more proven in his 27 fights and 21 finishes than Maynard is in his 13 fights and 1 stoppage.

Lets ask there only common opponent, Roger Huerta who's the better fighter... Actually watch both fights, the difference is a joke. Since then Eddie has improved more than Gray

Give Maynard most of the opponents Alvarez has had and he would reduce that KO down to 3 seconds. And have more than Alvarez.
You ALWAYS intentionally fail to consider LEVEL OF COMPETITION.
Maynard/Huerta, evidently you didn't see, was not a close fight. Though I do recall Roger knocking Eddie down.
I like Eddie; and hope but doubt that he will end up in the UFC.
No, no. I didn't say "if". I said "when". And Eddie stays down.
Sure, sure "Eddie is more proven" and "has improved more than Gray". Another of your "undeniable, absolutely, guaranteed facts". Golly, everyone knows that. lol

He doesn't pick his opponents and Jeremy Stephens is better than anyone under the SF banner excluding Melendez himself so I fail to see how your statement is relevant.
Jeremy Stephens just got ko'd by Yves Edwards who was destroyed by KJ Noons.

*Insert Pettis is whining bullshit*

Nah, good for him though. I 100% agree.

I think he deserved it at one point, but lost. I don't think he is getting The Fitch or anything.

Actions speak louder than words, Anthony.

PETTIS-KO-LAUZON.gif

Also, why has the discussion of this thread turned into a Jeremy Stephens discussion.

Pettis beat him...end of story. Jeremy won a round because he all of a sudden turned in NCAA Stephens and caught Pettis and most of us by surprise and then Pettis adjusted and beat him at this own game.

Last edited:
Why does everyone keep bringing up the Guida fight? Yes, we know he lost but did everyone forget his last fight? You know, the one where he kicked Lauzon's head off? Lauzon was in a higher standing when he lost to Pettis than Guida was when he defeated Pettis.

Lauzon has been finished by 5 other guys. It's not really that impressive. Losing to Guida is incredibly un-impressive though.

Bendo is ducking Pettis
he scurred

WAR Pettis

WEC LWs > SF LWs

Back