Social Anthony Mackie Claims Disney And Marvel Studios Are Trying To Change The Way Society Looks At Itself

GoldenWolf87

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This explains why most of the things in western cultural are mostly woke as they are now. Majority of the shows right now even on Disney plus arent even entertainment it felt more like preaching a lecture even most of the new animated stuff out of Disney.

They are clearly trying to go out on a message rather then giving a entertainment.
Anthony Mackie Claims Disney And Marvel Studios Are Trying To “Change The Way Society Looks At Itself”

He says, “It’s been an emotional experience, especially in the time in which we live in now. For Marvel to give me the opportunity as a black man, from the south, to become Captain America, I think, says a lot, not only about the work that I’ve put in to get to this point that they would would entrust me with that. But with the way that they’re hoping to change the way society looks at itself. ”

Not only did Mackie claim Marvel Studios and Disney are trying to change the way society looks at itself, but director Kari Skogland also made some interesting comments about the show and specifically about heroes.

That whole Falcon and Bucky series felt like a BLM advert no joke.

and it was shit, I want my 7 hours back.

This explains why most of the things in western cultural are mostly woke as they are now. Majority of the shows right now even on Disney plus arent even entertainment it felt more like preaching a lecture even most of the new animated stuff out of Disney.

They are clearly trying to go out on a message rather then giving a entertainment.
Anthony Mackie Claims Disney And Marvel Studios Are Trying To “Change The Way Society Looks At Itself”
Movie and TV sometimes piggyback on popular movements, because they all want to stay at the forefront of trends and be seen as hip. Which then results in the movies and TV influencing more people to gravitate towards the movements.

Every character should be black in my opinion
Lets raceswap,etc every character and push a political message while they are doing it. I am sure that will get them the ratings and sells that they wanted. Because things like that always works right? but then again you have same companies, studies then whining why their products have failed.

They go to blame the viewer, reader, buyer, consumer when things fail.

It's what Mackie is talking about.

Well, isn't it clear by the OP? Mackie was talking about him, a black man, being captain America. TS alluded to his comment being bad, because it's woke. Hence @Slick_36's clarifying question.

This is the part TS's title addresses:

Not only did Mackie claim Marvel Studios and Disney are trying to change the way society looks at itself, but director Kari Skogland also made some interesting comments about the show and specifically about heroes.
I didn't see anything in the title or OP saying he thinks it's bad a black guy could embody the American ideal.

Back