News Anthony Cassar Penn State National Champion| Bo Nikal’s teammate makes MMA debut Dec 2

COULD WE BE SEEING ANOTHER BO NIKAL ENTERING THE UFC…. AS A HEAVYWEIGHT????

• Total voters
Bobos been speaking highly of this guy for a while. Will be interesting to see him at HW which only has a few good wrestlers.

I give it 2 years before he breaks into top 10

"Here's your 10k/10k contract.
If you win 10 in a row we will renegotiate.
Your first fight is against someone in the top 10.

Welcome to the big leagues stud."

1411707353.0.jpg

The Goof gives out special contracts to decorated fighters, wrestlers, and others with big names.

The shit contracts are for the new, unknown guys that dont have a name.

NCAA Division 1 National Champ & Big 10 Champ...?
masturbate-ejaculate.gif

I’m looking through the photos of Anthony and I’ve got grave concerns over his move to MMA... when you look at great fighters, particularly wrestlers who transition to MMA they need to display proper cranial-nape-neck proportions to ensure that they have the ability to take a good flush shot...

From the picture below we can make a totally nonsensical and uneducated guess, but through the power of Bro-Science who needs logic and theory...
Cassar_Anthony_H_18_MS_8278.jpg

There are 3 desired prerequisites, if Anthony possess just one he will surely have a good enough chin to be future HW GOAT

The Khabibesque Neanderskull , nope ❌

The D1A Brawk Lesnar BullNeck, no ❌

Drew Dober chin line MandiBuilt, no go... ❌
<{cruzshake}>

Damn,
So in my Expert analysis I would suggest that Anthony Cassar will most likely have a average to poor chin, which would subtract him from being thought of as a future Championship Level fighter. Additionally his wrestling will be predicated on protecting his chin at all cost, I expect lots of boring positional grappling, and if Anthony is to be successful he will need a strict diet of...
FD6932DE-E5DF-4B49-B754-81D27FD7F5C3.jpeg
⬆️⬆️DWCS Alumni ⬆️⬆️

I believe it was the always entertaining Colin McGregor who originally coined the phrase Panic Wrestling. On a side note I wanted to recognize how fortunate we are to have fighters like McGregor, not only did he name and define panic wrestling, but he went on even further to display and reenforced the true meaning in (McG vs. Diaz 1) when he got stung by Nate and Conor shot. In for the TD...

An Absolutely Brilliant display of panic wrestling

Additionally, everyone eventually goes to the neatherealm, karma will find you Mr. Jon Jones I promise if you fight again you are next...LoL

Well with one exception unless you have a GOAT Level Chin Like George Chuvalo (93 Pro fights at HW between 1956-1978) faced hitters like Foreman, Ali, Frazier, never knocked out, never dropped, or stunned... GOAT chin, heart, and ability to endure... an extremely sad story of his family. Also too bad Chuvalo vs Shavers never happened, GOAT China’s. GOAT Power puncher
GettyImages-901920960.jpg

images
D65D7059-FE1E-4D11-B5C0-4D156926A170.jpeg

Nice, HW needs some depth. Always makes you wonder why we don’t get more NCAA HW champions or top tier competitors at HW. Brock, Cain, DC, and Carwin have all proved it’s a very solid base even at HW.
Not enough juice to justify the squeeze. We all saw how the UFC barely tried with Gable.

Nice, HW needs some depth. Always makes you wonder why we don’t get more NCAA HW champions or top tier competitors at HW. Brock, Cain, DC, and Carwin have all proved it’s a very solid base even at HW.

Here where fans don't get. The UFC doesn't care if you super skilled if you don't have potential star power. Why pay extra to bring some super skilled guy if in the end he doesn't become a giant draw? Might as well pay the same for average dudes who will ultimately draw the same as champ. Skills don't bring the company profits, popularity does

Just checked his wiki. He has two wins over Gable Steveson. The only two losses Gable has at NCAA...Must be damn good.

Cassar is the only guy who beat Steveson in folkstyle after Steveson's freshman year in high school.

Pretty legit.

Too small for heavyweight imo

No way. The average age, athleticism and skill in the UFC heavyweight division is abysmal. Lots of single skill old farts getting shuffled around.

Cassar is something like 230lbs lean and muscled. The speed and athleticism advantage he will have at heavyweight will stand out. We already know he has the strength and physicality to grapple with opponents at HW.

The reason a guy as small as Cormier - who wrestled 184lbs as a 5th year senior in college - could just run ROUGHSHOD over the heavyweight division, is because the athletic bar is so low. When legitimate freak athletes like these guys trip and fall into MMA in the upper weight divisions, its of note.

I’d hate to be the guy that has to fight him

<6>

Looks like he could be a solid prospect. Lets see him get in there and start making a name for himself in MMA too

Cassar is an animal, future ufc champ. He’s a big Fedor fan too.

Anyone know if Spencer Lee is gonna make the transition to mma when he’s done with wrasslin?
Not sure if his body would hold up…his knees have been problematic….but that kid is a stud. 2 blown acl’s and still won the ncaa that yr. Hoping he can get his 4th this yr. I know he’s had surgery…but sometimes it’s not the same.

No way. The average age, athleticism and skill in the UFC heavyweight division is abysmal. Lots of single skill old farts getting shuffled around.

Cassar is something like 230lbs lean and muscled. The speed and athleticism advantage he will have at heavyweight will stand out. We already know he has the strength and physicality to grapple with opponents at HW.

The reason a guy as small as Cormier - who wrestled 184lbs as a 5th year senior in college - could just run ROUGHSHOD over the heavyweight division, is because the athletic bar is so low. When legitimate freak athletes like these guys trip and fall into MMA in the upper weight divisions, its of note.
He would do better at 205 , he's not a big guy
NLlIzZscCL7hV7YdlciDpCv8POVt0d-SaipRk-9vg-8.jpg

Not sure if his body would hold up…his knees have been problematic….but that kid is a stud. 2 blown acl’s and still won the ncaa that yr. Hoping he can get his 4th this yr. I know he’s had surgery…but sometimes it’s not the same.
Could go the sprawl and brawl route or maybe a Greco-Roman based strategy.

Bobos been speaking highly of this guy for a while. Will be interesting to see him at HW which only has a few good wrestlers.

I give it 2 years before he breaks into top 10
Could prolly break into top ten sooner than a few years. Brock became champ in a few years just essentially being a high level wrestler, where as Kole Conrad was just pure wrestling and was unstoppable when he was around. Gane was helpless to Ngannou's wrestling, and Ngannou's wrestling is dog shit. A true world class HW folk style wrestler that learned basic striking and sub defense could very likely still grab the belt in the modern UFC with the right match making.

Heck, if the guy is making his debut that means he already has a lot of spar time and train time under him, could probably already beat a good amount of UFC he's today.

Last edited:
Back