News Anthony Cassar Penn State National Champion| Bo Nikal’s teammate makes MMA debut Dec 2

COULD WE BE SEEING ANOTHER BO NIKAL ENTERING THE UFC…. AS A HEAVYWEIGHT????

• Total voters

You Will Vote For Dreyga

You have no choice
@Gold
Reaction score
COULD WE BE SEEING ANOTHER BO NIKAL ENTERING THE UFC…. AS A HEAVYWEIGHT????

Anthony Cassar
is an American freestyle wrestler and graduated folkstyle wrestler. He is a one-time NCAA Division I champion and a one-time Big Ten Conference champion out of Penn State University, as well as a one-time NJSIAA title holder as a high schooler.

00328213-5DEE-4B12-9CF2-3D75F1372293.jpeg

Bellator probably picks him up at 1-0 and feeds him a steady diet of cans for a while.

They always get hard at the thought of college wrestlers making the jump.

Nice, HW needs some depth. Always makes you wonder why we don’t get more NCAA HW champions or top tier competitors at HW. Brock, Cain, DC, and Carwin have all proved it’s a very solid base even at HW.

He gonna be 205lbs or 265lbs? Either way, extremely promising prospect to keep an eye on. Both divisions lack powerhouse wrestlers for the most part.

Bellator probably picks him up at 1-0 and feeds him a steady diet of cans for a while.

If he's Bo's teammate he probably takes a couple of subsidised fights on the regionals and goes through the contender series next year.

Man Bellator do be picking these guys up, the UFC just doesn't seem to care for wrestlers anymore. We will see if they try to pick up Bryce Meredith and there's a Flyweight guy who's a 3x D1 all American (I forget his name but he's got an Italian last name if anyone knows throw it by me). We will see, it feels like there's a new wave of American wrestlers and a family being born somewhat behind Bo Nickal. The UFC fighters aren't ready if they start signing a bunch of these guys.

Man Bellator do be picking these guys up, the UFC just doesn't seem to care for wrestlers anymore. We will see if they try to pick up Bryce Meredith and there's a Flyweight guy who's a 3x D1 all American (I forget his name but he's got an Italian last name if anyone knows throw it by me). We will see, it feels like there's a new wave of American wrestlers and a family being born somewhat behind Bo Nickal. The UFC fighters aren't ready if they start signing a bunch of these guys.

Meredith doesn't look anywhere near ready yet tbh. He's making hard work of absolute cans.

Meredith doesn't look anywhere near ready yet tbh. He's making hard work of absolute cans.

Oh yeah, but even bad elite wrestlers can go further than people expect, we've seen it time and time again. Meredith is also too old and inactive in my opinion at 27 for a Bantamweight he has 3 pro fights and only fought twice in 2022. Rinya Nakamura is way more interesting, although also a little old for a Bantamweight at this stage he at least fought 4 times in 2022.

Thats not the point though, it's just that standard for wrestling in the UFC had plummeted over the last decade and fighters rarely have to face imposing grapplers anymore, I don't think they're as prepared as they or fans think and fight camps don't catch you up for that kinda thing.

Oh yeah, but even bad elite wrestlers can go further than people expect, we've seen it time and time again. Meredith is also too old and inactive in my opinion at 27 for a Bantamweight he has 3 pro fights and only fought twice in 2022. Rinya Nakamura is way more interesting, although also a little old for a Bantamweight at this stage he at least fought 4 times in 2022.

Thats not the point though, it's just that standard for wrestling in the UFC had plummeted over the last decade and fighters rarely have to face imposing grapplers anymore, I don't think they're as prepared as they or fans think and fight camps don't catch you up for that kinda thing.

I do think the general ability of fighters to deal with it has risen though. Chasen Blair was another D1 wrestler people had their eyes on and he just got beaten by a guy in his 2nd pro fight (who had more of an ammy record than him tbf). I just think it's so ingrained in top camps these days that most people have some level of TDD and having a good double doesn't get you very far anymore.

Cassar is an animal, future ufc champ. He’s a big Fedor fan too.

Anyone know if Spencer Lee is gonna make the transition to mma when he’s done with wrasslin?

"Here's your 10k/10k contract.
If you win 10 in a row we will renegotiate.
Your first fight is against someone in the top 10.

Welcome to the big leagues stud."

1411707353.0.jpg

Back