Another week, another Pleb-Tier UFC event... is this becoming a pattern???

So far the 2020 cards have been absolute crap. I think the only half decent card was Blaydes v JDS and I only say that cause it was a Fight Night

But I like to count my blessings, I have some hope for the Main + Crute v Oleksiechjuck + Riddell vs Mustafaev

We are due a sneaky little underrated card. Hopefully this is it because UFC putting Juan Adams, Justin Tafa, Ode Osbourne, Maurice Greene on a PPV is pure piss

<{clintugh}> Not to mention Holm v Pennington as a Co Main warm up to Conor <puh-lease75>

What do you expect from a bush league sport?

Hooker is one of the most exciting fighters on the roster if not THE most, he is also the hometown fighter
But as you said, the cards are shit for the most part and that’s because there’s no talent, I don’t see a lot of prospects and no one really young, it doesn’t look like MMA’s appeal has grown for athletes, for the most part were getting the same type of fighters we did 10 years ago
The popularity of the sport in Brazil has fallen off a cliff and it translates to no Brazilian prospects
We’re pretty much stuck with guys from the mid west that either wrestled or had trouble with the law

This thread should make it easy to spot UFC employee's or Dana.

Like I have said on here before, it got too the point where UFC is gonna have to start paying me to watch some of these cards.

I tweeted UFC many months ago telling them to compensate me for watching some of their garbage UFC Fight Night cards, but I heard nothing back, no response, how rude!!! thats no way to treat your customers and fan base

1501074524_Gg.gif

Keep watching, buying and attending these crap cards. That'll surely make the UFC change!

Good thing we got Wilder vs Fury 2

Do you or any of the likers for your post give a shit about any of the other fights on that card?
Can you even name any of the other fights on that card without looking?

This card is going to be fun as hell. Riddell vs Mustafaev is as close to a guaranteed banger as you can get.

I noticed it's not getting any love from MMA Junkie. No mention at all on the main page. First time I've seen that happen.

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 3.34.11 PM.png

Yes. Dana and Co. spent forever bashing the Boxing model, until they got big enough to have only 1 fight per card that anyone gives a fuck about and try to charge people for it.

The entire schedule is weak. Even the Khabib and Israel cards arent phenomenal after the co-main events.

So far this year we’ve had:

-Conor vs Cowboy in a battle of wash ups with a WMMA Co Main

-Blaydes vs Decrepit JDS and a mediocre card

-Solid Jones vs Reyes Main event with a WMMA Co-Main and a putrid undercard

-Corey vs Jan in a battle inconsistent LHW’s and another putrid undercard

BUT WAIT... just when you thought the UFC couldn’t get worse we get a New Zealand card featuring two Gatekeepers for the unification and official title of UNDISPUTED Gatekeeper: Felder vs Hooker.

Have you guys seen the rest of the card? Go ahead and defend it $hills LOL:

View attachment 732033
How can you be an OG and a noob at the same time?
<JagsKiddingMe>

-Loma x Hill: fun
-Kai Kara France x Nam: is nice
-Matthew's x Meek: should be dope
-The whole main card is full of fun match ups and that Main Event:
swedish_chef.jpg

TL;DR: You're trippin perro.

Fights are fights though. A fight is better than no fight.

Not to mention Fury/Wilder 2 is happening this weekend, and that's worth getting excited about!

Disclaimer - I agree with TS, card is an absolute trainwreck of mediocrity and I fart in the general direction of the UFC.

Can't argue with TS on this. At least last week it had 1 fight I wanted to watch and that was Jan vs Corey

Well, to each his own but I'm not sure that was the best fight on the card. Borg, Vannata and Dodson put on very good performances. Holtzman vs. Miller was also entertaining.

Saturation of the product; too many fighters and the UFC needs to fill the quota of events for ESPN. now they are adding Championsip matches to every single PPV using the leverage of the champ/fighter in the main event.

You're still going to watch each and every one of them

Back