Another week, another Pleb-Tier UFC event... is this becoming a pattern???

So far the 2020 cards have been absolute crap. I think the only half decent card was Blaydes v JDS and I only say that cause it was a Fight Night

But I like to count my blessings, I have some hope for the Main + Crute v Oleksiechjuck + Riddell vs Mustafaev

We are due a sneaky little underrated card. Hopefully this is it because UFC putting Juan Adams, Justin Tafa, Ode Osbourne, Maurice Greene on a PPV is pure piss

<{clintugh}> Not to mention Holm v Pennington as a Co Main warm up to Conor <puh-lease75>

agreed 100 percent

this undercard is so bad I may consider skipping it - the meek/mathews fight also has potential to be a banger though

Saturation of the product; too many fighters and the UFC needs to fill the quota of events for ESPN. now they are adding Championsip matches to every single PPV using the leverage of the champ/fighter in the main event.

this is clearly the major cause - but they also really do a terrible job in going out and procuring good and talented fighters

I feel like they don’t even try anymore - either contenders series or through one of the local agents or promotions they have connections with

there’s a ton of amazing exciting fighters not signed with ufc / bellator right now that would put on shows (especially in russia and asia )

you want to do more events ? good - go out and find more talent so quality of product doesn’t go down

adams v tafa being on the main card of a ufc event in 2020 is an absolute joke - wouldn’t even be on main card of ufc 33

All the cards have been entertaining this year

You might want to switch to WWE

Predominantly kiwis and Aussies . My fav kinda card. Suck it ts

This card has a nice international flavor. I do like that aspect. Although, these do all kinda feel like prelims except for the main.

Do you or any of the likers for your post give a shit about any of the other fights on that card?
Can you even name any of the other fights on that card without looking?

Nope, and don't care. I'm looking forward to a great day of mma and boxing.

this is clearly the major cause - but they also really do a terrible job in going out and procuring good and talented fighters

I feel like they don’t even try anymore - either contenders series or through one of the local agents or promotions they have connections with

there’s a ton of amazing exciting fighters not signed with ufc / bellator right now that would put on shows (especially in russia and asia )

you want to do more events ? good - go out and find more talent so quality of product doesn’t go down

adams v tafa being on the main card of a ufc event in 2020 is an absolute joke - wouldn’t even be on main card of ufc 33

Damn, you are right.

i remember the good ol' days when Joe Silva was scouting talent everywhere, now it's just whoever is connected with an agent (Ali for example), famous or prominent (Jiri) and they get signed.

WME made the UFC like the WWE: dumb matches for the casuals.

shush, TS.

You should know by now that entertaining fights do not depend on 'big names'...it is all about the matchmaking.

More often than not, the cards that look 'weak on paper' end up being rather good.

Back