• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Another Reason to Hate Millennials - Rated Worst Tippers

Anybody with any sort of social skills at all knows how to tip their bartender

Youve called me stupid and annoyed me enough. Fuck off you prick.
You seem to think everyone owes you everything. Just for you being you? Arent you so fucking special.

You seem to think everyone owes you everything. Just for you being you? Arent you so fucking special.
I dont work for tips.

You dont have to owe me shit for me to tell you to fuck off.

Yeah im calling out a bunch of assholes. You dont tip you are an asshole . Thats all there is to it

Unless the restaurant is busy as hell 24-7 they arent making the money to
Pay 20 people 7 more dollars each hour. Youd be paying more for the food and it wouldnt be an option.

Wait so.

The options are for restaurants to pay their servers a proper wage, but the cost of food goes up because of it.

Or...

Continue paying shit wages that you expect the customers to pay for.

So, either way, the customers are paying "more", but you think it should be the customers' responsibility altogether? Stop it.

You are correct, but its not that cut and dry.

I believe here in Texas that your entire 40 hour work week has to be averaging less than 7.25 an hour

Not just one shift.

Secondly, this just flat out NEVER happens. Ive honestly never heard of anyone getting paid when they dont make money.

One time i got a check for 500 bucks years after i worked at a place and they got sued.

That was cool

You have to speak up.

I once started working as a chef in a restaurant where illegal issues revolving around pay appeared to be the norm.

Multiple servers told me that while they took home their cash tips, the owner was MONTHS behind paying them their hourly wages.

Several servers and a bartender told me that the owner was raiding the restaurant payroll account to pay the mortgage on her personal home.

At three weeks in I had not gotten paid yet. I confronted the owner and politely said that I expect to be paid in full every two weeks as she had stated when she hired me. I then further elaborated that I would HATE to have to call the state labor board in order to get paid on time.

I had a check that friday and I got paid every two weeks after that.

She did retaliate, I was scheduled to wash dishes for the next three weeks at chefs wages but I got paid in full. Eventually the head chef pulled me off dishes because he did need another chef and that's why they hired me.

After I quit the place a few months later (lined up a better job and gave my notice), I found out that literally me and the head chef were the only employees paid on time in the entire business.

If you say nothing they will keep fucking you. If they threaten to terminate you tell them you know they're acting illegally and you're happy to report them.

Pretty sad that all of you invest this much energy in attempting to convince yourselves and other people not to tip. And yet here some of you are, dishing out presumptions about other people being poor. Yes, because the loser who is too frugal to tip $20 on a $100 meal is clearly the successful one.

A fool and his dollar are easily parted.

"They say 'Don't let money change you'
That's how we know money ain't you"

Wait so.

The options are for restaurants to pay their servers a proper wage, but the cost of food goes up because of it.

Or...

Continue paying shit wages that you expect the customers to pay for.

So, either way, the customers are paying "more", but you think it should be the customers' responsibility altogether? Stop it.
Stop what? Its not changing

You dont have to tip. Just dont boast about the fact you dont

Theres zero interest to abolish tipping apart from sherdog and an occasional news article.

It is a flawed system. But as i said it isnt going anywhere. No use harpin on it.

You are correct, it is a flawed system. And only the owners can fix it.

I know of several restaurants that are banning tipping.

One in particular has a simple policy, everyone on the staff makes minimum wage or higher (Seattle area, $15 an hour).

There is no tipping. There is an automatic service charge of 18% added to all checks.

These service charges are pooled and split evenly between ALL staff, kitchen and dining room. The chef and the dishwasher and the server and the busser all get equal shares of the service charge pool from each shift they work.

Did I say take her wages away?

Jesus, you guys are really insinuating that because I have a principled objection to labor exploitation that i'm literally taking food out of the baby's mouth.

{<jordan}

Labor exploitation? What the fuck are you talking about?

Dude, you're so out of the loop. Ask any server if they would prefer to work for a flat wage or work for tips.... I can guarantee what the answer will be. I agree with you on a lot of topics, but you're way off here.

When I took my first "real" job after working my way through college by waiting tables, I took a serious pay cut at first. And my first job wasn't even close to minimum wage.... And I was working more hours at that job.

I actually went back to work weekends here and there at the restaurant to help supplement my pay for about a year.

Do not make the argument that you're trying to help the servers. Because you'd be hurting them by eliminating the tip system.

I get it, you don't like tipping... and would prefer to just pay more for your dining experience instead.

Which still makes no sense.

You have to speak up.

I once started working as a chef in a restaurant where illegal issues revolving around pay appeared to be the norm.

Multiple servers told me that while they took home their cash tips, the owner was MONTHS behind paying them their hourly wages.

Several servers and a bartender told me that the owner was raiding the restaurant payroll account to pay the mortgage on her personal home.

At three weeks in I had not gotten paid yet. I confronted the owner and politely said that I expect to be paid in full every two weeks as she had stated when she hired me. I then further elaborated that I would HATE to have to call the state labor board in order to get paid on time.

She did retaliate, I was scheduled to wash dishes for the next three weeks at chefs wages but I got paid in full. Eventually the head chef pulled me off dishes because he did need another chef and that's why they hired me.

After I quit the place a few months later (lined up a better job and gave my notice), I found out that literally me and the head chef were the only employees paid on time in the entire business.

If you say nothing they will keep fucking you. If they threaten to terminate you tell them you know they're acting illegally and you're happy to report them.
If you arent making minimum wage as a server you are a fucking moron who isnt capable of threatening to sue.

But yes, im also a chef. You know what the laws are, but you should also know how every restaurant dodges them. Or tries to.

People think just because a restaurant is open they have infinite amounts of cash

I guess they just dont realize bars and restaurants go out of buisness more than anything

They dont have the money to pay people to give you the service youve become accostomed ro

Dude, you're so out of the loop. Ask any server if they would prefer to work for a flat wage or work for tips.... I can guarantee what the answer will be. I agree with you on a lot of topics, but you're way off here.

When I took my first "real" job after working my way through college by waiting tables, I took a serious pay cut at first. And my first job wasn't even close to minimum wage.... And I was working more hours at that job.

I actually went back to work weekends here and there at the restaurant to help supplement my pay for about a year.

Do not make the argument that you're trying to help the servers. Because you'd be hurting them by eliminating the tip system.

I get it, you don't like tipping... and would prefer to just pay more for your dining experience instead.

Smacked the fuck down

Can we just finally end these threads.

Theres no rebuttle here

Seeing @shunyata talk about not getting paid on time reminds me of the bar I currently work at.

They said "paydays are the 5th and 20th of every month" and we opened June 1st. We are only just now getting our first pay check.

No one threatened to walk but I work at the Courthouse full time and another guy works full time as a Department of Transportation field office guy and is active Army Reservist. Both of us were like "we won't threaten to leave cause that's petty... but we'll tell our coworkers how we aren't getting paid"

Email the next day saying we'd get paid today and an email yesterday saying the paychecks will be ready for pick up at 3:30 PM on the 20th.

EDIT:
The bar I work at is unique though. Bouncers are making $15 an hour and we get 3% of all bar profits for the days we work appear on our checks. Bartenders I think are making $18 or so and like 5% profit. We're lucky though because the owners one is an orthopedic surgeon and the other is his wife who I think is a hospital administrator so they have a lot of free capital to pay us a good wage.

Stop what? Its not changing

You dont have to tip. Just dont boast about the fact you dont

Theres zero interest to abolish tipping apart from sherdog and an occasional news article.

Stop the assertion that restaurants would raise prices, which would be bad for the customer, who is already paying more due to tipping. It's a silly argument to make.

And I'm a good tipper.

if you don't want to tip, eat at fast food places...

don't blame the owners b/c you can't afford something that is normally expected
or just move to Europe.....

You'd rather take $2.50 plus the coerced generosity of strangers over a flat $15/hr wage for your work?

Smdh, and you wonder why people think y'all don't have any damn sense.

You are ignorant in the topic. That isnt an insult, you just clearly dont know much about the industry.

I do, and its not by choice. I didnt go to school and ive never had a job that isnt in a restaurant.

Unless the restaurant is busy as hell 24-7 they arent making the money to
Pay 20 people 7 more dollars each hour. Youd be paying more for the food and it wouldnt be an option.

I will agree with you, very sucessful restaurants that are making enough to open multiple locations and such should pay minimum wage. If you can open another store you can pay your staff

This isnt gonna change. This is poor people problems. You cant afford to tip go to the damn grocery store. You straight up get clowned on where i work for that shit. If i was still a waiter and you stiffed me on the wrong day i honestly could have slit your throat in the parking lot. Such a fucked up thing to do
Was that at Denny's?

You have to speak up.

This is why businesses cannot be trusted to run a society like they are in the USA.

America has a rip-off culture. The business owner has the right to try to rip you off and if you don’t do anything about it, that’s on you. (Culturally).

They can lie while they advertise for any product, sell you something addictive, do anything they want. If you get suckered in, you’re a sucker and they’re smart for fucking you. Happens with banks, big oil, everything. Unions were an OK counterbalance before they were taken over by gangsters. Plus a lot were run by lazy people with that rip off mentality. Now there’s really nothing between you and the vulture culture except your wits and your cock

Thanks to baby boomers

Back