• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Another Horsewoman Bites the Dust

Because they are such valuable commodity. You're taking sherdog way too seriously. Don't you have a life besides this?

is this were i come back with a Mom's basement/Mcdonalds job attack?

The 'horsewomen' might be one of the worst things i have ever heard. That thread about the four 'horsewomen' was fucking hilarious.

Now it makes sense why Ronda is dropping everyone in practice.

Now it makes sense why Ronda is dropping everyone in practice.

Exactly. Ronda's success has a lot to do with her physical capacities, indeed; but it would be a disservice to ignore the more important variable pertaining to her success: The lack of skill/physical capacities demonstrated by her opponents. These are equal parts to a larger whole, in my opinion.

i don't like marina much, so this couldn't have happened to a nicer person. i hope meisha is smiling somewhere.

Oh, for God's sake, who gives a crap about the Bethe/Shayna fight? I am mildly entertaining taking someone up on the av bet just so people will shut up about it, because I don't see Shayna winning by sub, and that's pretty much all she has.

i don't like marina much, so this couldn't have happened to a nicer person. i hope meisha is smiling somewhere.

KO.gif

Strange looking temple shot put her on jelly legs with no equilibrium. Not all that different than what happened to Alexis Davis against Ronda. Look how easily Marina was simply pushed to the ground a by girl with a tenth of the grappling ability she has.

Oh, for God's sake, who gives a crap about the Bethe/Shayna fight? I am mildly entertaining taking someone up on the av bet just so people will shut up about it, because I don't see Shayna winning by sub, and that's pretty much all she has.

Two worthwhile points, for sure. This fight does not have me excited, in any sense of the word, and Shayna will probably not be able to sub Bethe. In addition, UFC 177, the card on which that fight is to be featured, is an incredibly weak card and will probably garner low buys.

Exactly. Ronda's success has a lot to do with her physical capacities, indeed; but it would be a disservice to ignore the more important variable pertaining to her success: The lack of skill/physical capacities demonstrated by her opponents. These are equal parts to a larger whole, in my opinion.

You're absolutely pathetic. You're like all the sports fans around the world who can never give the opposing team any credit when their team gets beat. "They ain't that good. We just beat ourselves". It's called being better than your opponent. The reasoning why someone is better doesn't even matter. This is athletic competition, anyone can win on any day but the greats all have one thing in common and that's consistency. Ronda has it.

You're absolutely pathetic. You're like all the sports fans around the world who can never give the opposing team any credit when their team gets beat. "They ain't that good. We just beat ourselves". It's called being better than your opponent. The reasoning why someone is better doesn't even matter. This is athletic competition, anyone can win on any day but the greats all have one thing in common and that's consistency. Ronda has it.

No reasonable person would argue that greatness can be achieved in the absence of decent competition. This is a simple fact of the fight game, and competition in general: Your legacy and reputation as a fighter are inextricably linked to the obstacles you overcome. Your argument seems to lack validity and soundness.

No reasonable person would argue that greatness can be achieved in the absence of decent competition. This is a simple fact of the fight game, and competition in general: Your legacy and reputation as a fighter is inextricably linked to the obstacles you overcome. Your argument seems to lack validity and soundness.

So would you say the same about Cyborg?

I only read this thread for Genghis84 going to extreme lengths to white knight.

Back