Another Diet Coke question

ObsceneJester

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have been getting tired of drinking Water all the time and I LOVE coke..

I was looking at this Diet Cherry Coke.. 0 Calories, 0 Carbs, 0 sugars and some sodium..

I was wondering will I put on pounds drinking this? I know when I use to drink Sweet tea and Coca-Cola all the time I gained alot of weight from the sugars.. and I don't want that back.

So my question is, will drinking diet coke put the pounds back on me?

Thanks Sherdog

No, but it is pretty bad for you. I can't help but drink 1-2 a day. My favorite ones are:

(Diet)
Mt. Dew
Pepsi
Big Red
A and W
Barq's
Sprite
Cherry Pepsi

i dont really understand why everyone thinks its bad....as you said its just got a little bit of sodium.

the main problem people have with them is the artificial sweeteners. alot of people are afriad of aspartame

Yeah and everything I've ever read about the dangers of aspartame sounds incoherent at-best. Personally I've never read anything where an official cause of death was one too many Diet Sodas.

I've heard a number of stories regarding diet drinks, with the most recent one involving a lady who was experiencing stomach pains (this is an acquaintance). She said she started experiencing unexplainable stomach pains...quit diet coke...pain went away...after two weeks dranks some DC...pain came back.

As I stated before, I don't really know her that well, so I haven't cared enough to follow up on her lateset adventures with diet coke.

On anonther note. I really enjoy the taste of Coke Zero.

Cooz said:
I've heard a number of stories regarding diet drinks, with the most recent one involving a lady who was experiencing stomach pains (this is an acquaintance). She said she started experiencing unexplainable stomach pains...quit diet coke...pain went away...after two weeks dranks some DC...pain came back.

As I stated before, I don't really know her that well, so I haven't cared enough to follow up on her lateset adventures with diet coke.

On anonther note. I really enjoy the taste of Coke Zero.
coke zero is fucking awesome

And one more thing...I eat a $#it load of sugar and I do enjoy my occasional diet sodas, and quite frankly I don't care.

I eat healthier and am a lot more active and in better shape than the average joe to deny myself the taste of good things.

Unless you're a professional athlete and are looking for any way to get an extra edge, or you are in bad shape (physically), then don't deny yourself the occasional/frequent treat. NEVER cheat your stomach.

I would drink fucking sugar water before I would drink anything with aspartame, no matter how many calories.

My body recognizes sugar because it's real.

My body doesn't recognize aspartame because it's made in a lab.

Advice: Do without...suck it up and drink water.

Chad Hamilton said:
I would drink fucking sugar water before I would drink anything with aspartame, no matter how many calories.

Thats one of the more retarded lines of logic I have ever heard, but oh well. To each his own.

I just try to be healthy. I'm not too into worrying about calories or anything, just be healthy. Thus, I drink water and juices is about all.

Aspartame (or rather, phenylalanine) occurs naturally in the body anyways. The lady that was described as having stomach pains was probably one of those few suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria. In the normal person, any excess phenylalanine is converted into the amino acid, tyrosine, which is useful in breaking down certain enzymes.

And that's as far as it goes. The fact is, you're most likely to die drinking regular soda than from diet soda.

And aspartame is also much more sweeter than sugar.

A Wiki-article about phenylalanine:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenylalanine

An article denouncing government death machines (divisions) (the 7th paragraph provides a comparison between regular soda and another sweetener, cyclamates.
http://www.neo-tech.com/neotech/advantages/advantage90.html

I drink at least two a day and don't buy into the aspartame stuff. But I'm no expert. You probably do more damage to yourself sucking in traffic fumes waiting to cross the road.

Diet Coke with Splenda is good. Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi is also really good. Cutting ou all of those extra empty calories from soda has helped me lose some weight.

Well, alot of diet soda have aspartame and thats apparently is a proven neuro-toxin. And I concur with Chad comment as well, at least your body will convert refined sugar to glucose, with aspartame your body converts it into some really F****d up stuff.

drinking 1 or maybe 2 diet soft drinks a few times a weak is not going to kill you.

I think Diet soda is definitley better than drinking regular soda...I made the switch and immediately dropped 5 lbs...but I try to drink a lot of water to compensate.

Chad Hamilton said:

How do you know what your body does and doesn't recognize? Does your stomach rumble a bit more with aspartame? Do you shit the letters "What was that?" Plus, do you get your coke from the big coke tree in the back yard? Do you tap the large 7up tree like you do a maple tree?

Coke is made in a lab, just like diet coke, just like most soft drinks that are not freshly squeezed fruit juice, and even then chances are the fruit itself was subject to non organic fertilization and whatnot.

phisker said:
Well, alot of diet soda have aspartame and thats apparently is a proven neuro-toxin. And I concur with Chad comment as well, at least your body will convert refined sugar to glucose, with aspartame your body converts it into some really F****d up stuff.

I guess you're retarded like I.

Rjkd12 said:
How do you know what your body does and doesn't recognize? Does your stomach rumble a bit more with aspartame? Do you shit the letters "What was that?" Plus, do you get your coke from the big coke tree in the back yard? Do you tap the large 7up tree like you do a maple tree?

Coke is made in a lab, just like diet coke, just like most soft drinks that are not freshly squeezed fruit juice, and even then chances are the fruit itself was subject to non organic fertilization and whatnot.

You realize you're trolling me?

Back