• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ankalaev is better than Jiri everywhere

im not impressed with jiri but he is so tough an durable, unorthodox unpredictable style and sloppy at the same time, difficult to fight that guy.

Jiri brings such a unique and culture shocked sort of absurdity to mma’s light heavyweight division. Haven’t seen anything as distinctive and rich with both character and brilliance since Sakuraba.

Ankalaev and Rajik are both very skilled and physically imposing contenders, but their product has been maturing to be the mma equivalent of a tax accountant. They’re doing math and Jiri is making art. Try to enjoy the moment where the best man has won.

Ankalaev looks like vlasic pickle stork and I think his bird like appearance is going to hold him back. It will be fowl

Except PPV numbers
It’ll do low numbers but with Jiri they can really break into big Europe cards with him. Plus all the Russians like Ankalaev. With Jiri as champ I don’t think they’d have a problem filling a stadium of 50k people. Brno was popping when he got home.

Ankalaev got submitted by Craig whereas Jiri submitted arguably the best grappler in the division Glover.

And it's not even debatable. Even the stand up of the Dagestani is clearly superior.

Jiri grits made him survive against old Glover, but won't be enough to stop another Caucasus neckbeard of getting the belt.
Not in the heart

And it's not even debatable. Even the stand up of the Dagestani is clearly superior.

Jiri grits made him survive against old Glover, but won't be enough to stop another Caucasus neckbeard of getting the belt.
If it's not debatable than why did you even make the thread?

sounds like someone's insecure

He's WAYYYYYY better at boring uninteresting fights. I'll give you that.

Back