Angle vs Benoit RR03 is the best wrestling match of all time Imo

Wasn't even best match on the card. Did you not see Triple H vs. Freakzilla?

I'm convinced HHH sabotaged his matches with the BBBD to bury Steiner for personal reasons.

Granted Steiner was on the decline and maybe needed some carrying, Haich did no favors.

Either that or it just proves Trips can't carry a match...

I'm pretty sure Angle wrestled Stevie Richards at the '03 Rumble...

This is actually my favourite match ever.

This is actually my favourite match ever.

It's my #2 but from a technical stand point its easily #1. Every move & counter is flawless.

I love the way they transitioned to ankle lock into cripple crossface several times.

I think Kurt and Benoit have the best chemistry of all time. Their cage match is my favorite cage match as well.

The moonsault off the top, the headbutt off the top and the German suplex off the ropes , it doesn't get any better than that.

It's my #2 but from a technical stand point its easily #1. Every move & counter is flawless.

I love the way they transitioned to ankle lock into cripple crossface several times.

I think Kurt and Benoit have the best chemistry of all time. Their cage match is my favorite cage match as well.

The moonsault off the top, the headbutt off the top and the German suplex off the ropes , it doesn't get any better than that.
Benoit’s title chase might actually be the last thing I ever truly marked out about. Watching the match and being desperately invested in the outcome + the actual technical brilliance makes this easily my number 1. Shame how much good Benoit stuff is effectively erased.

Benoit’s title chase might actually be the last thing I ever truly marked out about. Watching the match and being desperately invested in the outcome + the actual technical brilliance makes this easily my number 1. Shame how much good Benoit stuff is effectively erased.

I unfortunately didn't appreciate him at the time, not as much as I do now. I can't get enough of him now, he's one of the very few that makes every move and strike look real.

What other Benoit matches did you enjoy? I've watched everything with Kurt, Brock and a few others but I'm open to hear any suggestions

I unfortunately didn't appreciate him at the time, not as much as I do now. I can't get enough of him now, he's one of the very few that makes every move and strike look real.

What other Benoit matches did you enjoy? I've watched everything with Kurt, Brock and a few others but I'm open to hear any suggestions

Bret
Eddie

man its so hard to appreciate "in ring pro wrestling work" when u train grappling already i watch it for stories and hype mostly and gimmicks chair shots tlc matches ect i dont care for seeing guys go for fake submissions and going slow as a snail i feel pro wrestlers work to slow most times guys are to hurt guys if eel sell way to much should only major sell on finishers i feel

tbh people only last few years appreciate "in ring work" before this no one cared benoit was always a b level guy on the cards a ic level champ even though he won the world belt he wasnt a mega star but was like number 8 guy or so towards his prime

also bret harts another he was only big in canada didnt draaw a dime in usa thats why wwf put the belt on hbk and tried t build diesel and sid and well his wcw career also showed fans didnt like him even though he like never lost a match lol. its sad when people think of bret hart as the best canadian wrestler just going off his family using them to build himself i think benout by far is better than bret n ring and had a better look

I'm convinced HHH sabotaged his matches with the BBBD to bury Steiner for personal reasons.

Granted Steiner was on the decline and maybe needed some carrying, Haich did no favors.

Either that or it just proves Trips can't carry a match...
scott couldnt hardly get through their matches tho lol he had 0 cardio also lets not pretend scott was this super major star like booker t he only became champ in 2000 when hogan goldberg sting ect wernt really wrestling no more the top guys were gone much like how john cena became champ after rock lesnar goldberg stone cold and ect left and ended the attitude era they didnt have any great good guys since hhh is a bad guy and hbk was to old to be the face of company by 2004

scott couldnt hardly get through their matches tho lol he had 0 cardio also lets not pretend scott was this super major star like booker t he only became champ in 2000 when hogan goldberg sting ect wernt really wrestling no more the top guys were gone much like how john cena became champ after rock lesnar goldberg stone cold and ect left and ended the attitude era they didnt have any great good guys since hhh is a bad guy and hbk was to old to be the face of company by 2004

Steiner at that age still had enough experience to work a good match if matched up with the right talent. His work with Booker at the end of WCW proves that.

His gimmick was over and him on a live mic was can't miss TV. He was still getting great pops as a heel, because people actually liked a jacked up freak.

He would've been fine if booked right, and allowed to get over when he arrived...but that wasn't going to happen because:
a: WCW guy
b: he was more over than HHH on his arrival leading to burial
c: HHH can't carry anyone in a match

Steiner at that age still had enough experience to work a good match if matched up with the right talent. His work with Booker at the end of WCW proves that.

His gimmick was over and him on a live mic was can't miss TV. He was still getting great pops as a heel, because people actually liked a jacked up freak.

He would've been fine if booked right, and allowed to get over when he arrived...but that wasn't going to happen because:
a: WCW guy
b: he was more over than HHH on his arrival leading to burial
c: HHH can't carry anyone in a match
u need t go back and look at some podcast he even admits he wasnt in any cardio shape t do a match over 5 minutes thats why at rumble 03 and no way out he was so tired he could only do belly to belly suplexes hhh had to carry him the whole time it was very embarrassing the fans saw it and lost a ton of respect of steiner tbh he did it to himself cant blame hhh. also so what if hhh beat him twice hhh is the better wrestler lol his resume far exceeds steiners in kayfabe obviously not in real life fighting but again this is pro wrassling hhh was the number 3 guy during attitude era with stonecold on top then rock then hhh steiner wasnt even top 10 in wcw during 1998 ith goldberg sting hogan giant ddp nash hall randy savage kurt henning lex luger ric flair then its qite debatable there with jerico benoit raven was very big at that time steiner booker t ect

If you can get a hold of it, check out his stuff in WCW and Japan. In WWE, he had great matches with Jericho, and the two triple threats with HHH and Shawn.

u need t go back and look at some podcast he even admits he wasnt in any cardio shape t do a match over 5 minutes thats why at rumble 03 and no way out he was so tired he could only do belly to belly suplexes hhh had to carry him the whole time it was very embarrassing the fans saw it and lost a ton of respect of steiner tbh he did it to himself cant blame hhh. also so what if hhh beat him twice hhh is the better wrestler lol his resume far exceeds steiners in kayfabe obviously not in real life fighting but again this is pro wrassling hhh was the number 3 guy during attitude era with stonecold on top then rock then hhh steiner wasnt even top 10 in wcw during 1998 ith goldberg sting hogan giant ddp nash hall randy savage kurt henning lex luger ric flair then its qite debatable there with jerico benoit raven was very big at that time steiner booker t ect

Dude I'm trying to respectfully debate your claims, and I hate myself for this (I am seriously remorseful for saying this), but reading a wall of lowercase text with no punctuation is painful. I apologize in advance if there are circumstances beyond your control, just say there are and it's all cool.

I’d recommend Benoit vs Bret in WCW. Benoit vs Guerrero was always good, I enjoyed Benoit vs Regal and Benoit vs RVD as well.

I’d recommend Benoit vs Bret in WCW. Benoit vs Guerrero was always good, I enjoyed Benoit vs Regal and Benoit vs RVD as well.

Owen Heart tribute match and their finals match for the title were both $

Was happy to see Bret get the gold but....

In hindsight Bret should've done the job and put Benoit over with the belt, then set up an epic rubber match.

Back