Angle vs Benoit RR03 is the best wrestling match of all time Imo

I'm Not A Nugget

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My personal favorite match is Taker/HBK in 97 but the best match I've ever seen is Angle vs Benoit. I enjoy matches where it feels and looks real. Every move and counter they performed was flawless and it's imo the best wrestling match I've ever seen.

Last edited:
<mma4>

Can't argue much.

I don't have the network, but I believe it. I remember Angle going over clean on Chris at WrestleMania, and Chris showing respect about it. I think I purchased that WM because of that match. I've got funny taste though.. For some reason I bought WM one year to see Mark Henry beat Ryback.

I don't have the network, but I believe it. I remember Angle going over clean on Chris at WrestleMania, and Chris showing respect about it. I think I purchased that WM because of that match. I've got funny taste though.. For some reason I bought WM one year to see Mark Henry beat Ryback.
You’re confusing their matches. Angle held Benoit’s tights at WM 17 for the cheap win. Benoit then attacked him backstage and made him tap in the crossface.

their Rumble match is the one where Angle raised his Benoit’s hand and gave him respect. The crowd then gave him a standing applause.

You’re confusing their matches. Angle held Benoit’s tights at WM 17 for the cheap win. Benoit then attacked him backstage and made him tap in the crossface.
Very possible. I only go off memory and can be wrong sometimes.

It could have been that Kurt held the tights, but Chris didn't make it out that it was that bad. Idk. I remember him sitting in the ring after the loss on his knees and just looking slightly disappointed.

What ever happened to Benoit?

I stopped watching wrestling around 02, but I haven't heard his name much since.

I tried to watch it on the Network and all I saw was Kurt Angle in the ring by himself

Hart vs Benoit was $
Benoit vs Angle was $
Angle vs Brock was $
Brock vs Benoit was $

Wish I could've seen prime Hart vs Angle or Brock.

Throw Eddie in that mix as well.

Thanks Goldberg....

Can you imagine young and up and coming Angle/Brock/Eddie vs a guy who can make anyone look good...?

Angle/benoit is what made me a workrate mark as a kid

Angle and Benoit also had some other great ones at Unforgiven 2002, and their tag matches together against Los Guerreros and Edge/Rey Mysterio basically printed 5 stars.

It still breaks my heart what Benoit did. One of my all time favorite wrestlers.

My personal favorite match is Taker/HBK in 97 but the best match I've ever seen is Angle vs Benoit. I enjoy matches where it feels and looks real. Every move and counter they performed was flawless and it's imo the best wrestling match I've ever seen.

Definitely a top match ever. Also Angle vs Taker at No Way Out ‘06. My personal fave might be Steamboat-Flair Wrestlewar ‘89 though.

What ever happened to Benoit?

I stopped watching wrestling around 02, but I haven't heard his name much since.
He and Roman reigns just had 3 of the greatest matches ever and I grandchildren will watch it like it's their version of savage vs steamboat

Hart vs Benoit was $
Benoit vs Angle was $
Angle vs Brock was $
Brock vs Benoit was $

Wish I could've seen prime Hart vs Angle or Brock.

Throw Eddie in that mix as well.

Thanks Goldberg....

Can you imagine young and up and coming Angle/Brock/Eddie vs a guy who can make anyone look good...?

I really wish we could have seen Bret Hart vs. Brock Lesnar most of all, I think they would have produced a 5 star classic.

Wasn't even best match on the card. Did you not see Triple H vs. Freakzilla?

benoit beating triple h and shawn micheals at mania 20 was great.

and it was so cool seeing eddie guerrero beat kurt angle 2 matches before, then eddie came out after benoit won and they were hugging and crying in the ring together whilst confetti was falling. that hit the strings for me. then benoit bought out his son to the ring too..

Back