• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Angela Merkel criticizes Trump twitter ban

DO you agree with Angela Merkel's criticism?

• Total voters
Look at the leftists who voted in favor of killing free speech. Rip USA

Ironic that the right-wingers who want to peddle this argument are the same people who feverishly support at-will employment... The "bang and you're gone" lack of guidelines for workers relative to terminations/firings.

who are these "right wingers" who "feverishly support" at will employment?

What a fucking hypocrite. Their government locks you up for certain views. In the USA a private company blocked someone. She os just saying this because she is looking out for her own ass.

I love how you have these world leaders, communist defectors, and people who generally know a thing or two on how this type of censorship can spiral out of control, all being talked down to and dismissed by some dorky Liberals on a Karate forum, as if they know better.

What is so difficult to understand about a private company, open to the public, banning or restricting people’s access based on their content violating its rules? Wearing my double yellow proudly in support of bans and restrictions at the discretion of sherdog. If I had a problem with the rules and the site itself, I wouldn’t post here. That’s the deal. It’s really no different.

Same argument the segregationists used. "Its my restaurant and I refuse to serve darkies!" Then we realized that actually made for a pretty shitty society and was unethical, so we changed the rules on who private companies could and couldn't exclude. Its time to do the same for political affiliation. If we want healing and unity, we have to start with acceptance and tolerance. This country will never heal if we are banning everyone who thinks differently than we do.

Last edited:
To abstract this, imagine if you let someone in your house and they started calling your wife a whore. You would be absolutely within your rights to tell them to fuck off and kick them out. Now imagine that guy calls the cops and tells them that he has free speech rights and you CAN'T kick him out.

That's where we are. How would that play out in your crib? I don't know about you, but that's when you end up at gunpoint on a countdown to get the fuck out my house.
thing is, with your example, if they guy refuses to leave and you use violence to remove him, i think the police will come after you. in europe for sure it's how will happen - if the guy completely does no retaliation while you beat him, you are the one getting in trouble. i know, it's completely non-intuitive but it's true. in this case, what you should do is call the cops and THEY will do the removing.

and this is the key to understand where she comes from - sure, the guy is an asshole (trump) but the method of dealing with this problem should not be left at the will of the company. remember, in europe there are these huge court cases against companies like facebook, google, for anti-monopol concerns, and these companies had to implement changes and pay huge, billion dollar worth fines.

i will say this - i think this will push some new efforts to regulate these gigantic companies that deal with "products" of strategic interest, in this case information, communication.

Trump was warned on many occasions and thought he was untouchable because of his post. If he is the first person to ever have his account permanently banned by Twitter, i could see that being an issue.

"Angela Merkel, German chancellor, has sharply criticised Twitter’s decision to ban US president Donald Trump, calling it a “problematic” breach of the “fundamental right to free speech”.

But Ms Merkel said through her spokesman that the US government should follow Germany’s lead in adopting laws that restrict online incitement, rather than leaving it up to platforms such as Twitter and Facebook to make up their own rules."
Oh yeah, I'd definitely prefer the government have the power to charge and arrest me for speech than merely be banned from Twitter.

Haha, fuck off Merkel. Trump deserved his ban and we don't need additional laws against incitement so the government has the ability to arrest people for wrongthink on social media like in Europe.

who are these "right wingers" who "feverishly support" at will employment?
Uh, virtually the entire political establishment as well as their large donors? What, you think your brain farts on a karate forum are more representative of the right in America than the actual political/intellectual elites who create and pass policy? Get real.

thing is, with your example, if they guy refuses to leave and you use violence to remove him, i think the police will come after you. in europe for sure it's how will happen - if the guy completely does no retaliation while you beat him, you are the one getting in trouble. i know, it's completely non-intuitive but it's true. in this case, what you should do is call the cops and THEY will do the removing.

and this is the key to understand where she comes from - sure, the guy is an asshole (trump) but the method of dealing with this problem should not be left at the will of the company. remember, in europe there are these huge court cases against companies like facebook, google, for anti-monopol concerns, and these companies had to implement changes and pay huge, billion dollar worth fines.

i will say this - i think this will push some new efforts to regulate these gigantic companies that deal with "products" of strategic interest, in this case information, communication.

Yeah, but this ain't Europe. And Frau Merkel would be wise to remember that when she advocates for positions for America that go against our Constitution. This being a huge one for the aforementioned reasons.

A lot of these lefties don't understand that the Neo-cons they grew up got ousted. We didn't like George Bush or Ronald Reagan anymore than they did.

but they love them

thats why they're featured on lefty shows and cslled them "true patriots"

The term "free speech extremist" exists in 2021.
yceu22qiqjk21.jpg
free speech extremist is something like - i believe no limitations should be put on freedom of speech. like zero. you would have no copyright in tht world. you could paint a painting and i could copy it completely and you couldnt do anything because any expression of mine is 100% guaranteed under freedom of speech.
belief in freedom of speech with mild limitation to defend society against people that are breaking the law (pedophilia, direct thread of violence, whatever), is actually the centrist view.

You don't have to love her because what she said is common sense and something we really all should agree on.

This. I don't get why things have to be so Black and White. People act like it's impossible to see the good and bad on either side and get brainwashed with this heard mentality.

I love how you have these world leaders, communist defectors, and people who generally know a thing or two on how this type of censorship can spiral out of control, all being talked down to and dismissed by some dorky Liberals on a Karate forum, as if they know better.
They aren't dorks they're psychos. They're gearing up to absolutely annihilate anyone not on their side.

History repeating itself. Dehumanize, denigrate, condescend and relentlessly patronize leads to steal, murder and rape. They aren't even hiding it at all. There's a decent portion of blacks/black sympathizers that want something like 10 trillion in reparations. That's a declaration of war.

Same argument the segregationists used. "Its my restaurant and I refuse to serve darkies!" Then we realized that actually made for a pretty shitty society and was unethical, so we changed the rules on who private companies could and couldn't exclude. Its time to do the same for political affiliation. If we want healing and unity, we have to start with acceptance and tolerance. This country will never heal if you we are banning everyone who thinks differently than we do.
That’s not true. Everyone is allowed to join. This is the second time a sherbro has said it’s biased to a group of people and likened that to racism. It’s not. Again, it is public and anyone can join. Removal or restriction on the app is based on infractions of guidelines. You can’t start neo nazi militia fringe groups or incite them. Does that seem like a bad rule?

Back