Andy is 7:1 dog

Not if you think he is going to lose - if I think he is going to lose, I don't really care what the odds are.
But I'm willing to accept that he has a chance (though most people aren't), and is worth adding him to a parlay that is only going to set me back a few pounds with a large gain if it comes off

I think silva still has it. He's been training with steven seagal.

Wow that's a bit crazy.

Israel will have age, size and athleticism advantage but he is not very experienced at this level and is facing super seasoned vet. From what I've seen last couple fights Anderson has not lost so much that he can't still be competitive and dangerous. Will this be the fight he hits a wall? Maybe.

Bisping outboxed him for 4 rounds and would've for 5 if the judge wouldn't have been terrible.
He landed over 110 punches on him 2 years ago.
Silva has no defense and is slow nowadays.

I don't know how you can outbox someone that long and look like you got mauled by a bear at the end of it.

Most ridiculous UFC odds I've seen in the last 15 years.

At no point was he 7-1 underdog

He is 4-1 as someone mentioned

He is being brought in as a sacrificial lamb, and will get smoked

Yeah I get 9 to 1 for a finish but I just can't see it. 5 rounds maybe. I don't see spider being finished either. UD Adesanya has to be the most likely outcome.

I'll take 5.5 to 1 just to make it an exciting go. No shame losing a little bet there.

Israel is going to try to Silva Silva and is going to end up on the wrong end of a highlight reel. I still believe.

Whats your point?

Sorry I didn't realise the forum was mixed ability.

Clearly I meant he looked shit against brunson, didn't deserve the win and it was two years ago since he last fought.

I am legitimately concerned about Silva's well being for this fight. UFC keeps feeding the old to the young.

The fight opened at -400 Israel and now it's at -650.
https://www.bestfightodds.com/fighters/Anderson-Silva-38
TS isn't far off.
When a favourite is -650 (6.5 to 1) the underdog will never be identical, typically if the favourite is -650 the underdog will be around +425, +450

In fact the link you posted confirms that Anderson opened at +450 (4.5 to 1 underdog) and is now at +280 (2.8 to 1)

I put a wee wager on him, at the prices they are offering it's silly not to
yea, these odds are just stupid. im almost willing to say, if any champ, not to mention "GOAT" is ever at anything over +500 its reasonable to put money on him. even fedor at this point

Israel is on a Conor like come up with his confidence and expectations. He wants to put on a show. Israel coming for the KO. He isn't going to respect him in there until it's over. Which might leave him vulnerable and a small stab on Anderson worth it. Anderson not winning on any scorecards.

Last edited:
im gonna bet for silva gets the KO. won't post my slip until tonight.

Andersons only +400, not worth it imo but I do think Anderson doesn't get knocked out here. Or atleast a good chance he doesn't. My action is Isreal by decision at +230 which is still good odds. Anderson only got knocked out once and he was definitely fucking around to an extent other then the leg break which I think hes learned from.

Isreal ITD at -165 does not seem right. I know Andersons older and more likely to get knocked out now but I think Isreal plays it safe and is fine with a decision win, since its his home country I shouldn't have to worry about a decision for Anderson should it be close

This is a very difficult fight for Anderson. I respect the hell out of him for taking it but it’s probably not the wisest decision.

Silva by Seagal's front kick

i don't get the Israel hype. maybe he's a great fighter, but his most notable win was against Brunson, a fighter whose signature move is running full speed at his opponent with his chin in the air

Back