• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Andrei Arlovski made his UFC debut at UFC 28, which means he's been active for over 90% of the UFC's event history.

He never beats anyone who is good.

If Arlovski beats them you know they suck but he gets beat by the good hws coming in.

Hes just been the measuring stick for them.

But hes getting older and hasnt won in awhile. Its nearing the end of his run.
Thats very true. He want back and forth with Tim Sylvia and beat 2 solid gatekeepers in Rothwell and Big Country. Andrei has wins over Mir and Werdum but those were similar to Black Beast beating Ngannou.

Thats very true. He want back and forth with Tim Sylvia and beat 2 solid gatekeepers in Rothwell and Big Country. Andrei has wins over Mir and Werdum but those were similar to Black Beast beating Ngannou.
Well I meant in his later years, his current run. Obviously he was a world class talent for a long time.

Andrei lost 4 fights in a row, 3 by KO, starting in 2009(!)

Everyone thought his chin was gone

Since then he has only been stopped by strikes 5 times in 34(!) additional fights and 15 years

As a heavyweight, it's preposterous he doesn't get clipped more often and somehow "regrew" his chin

Fucking incredible. Its sooo funny, who would've thought in like 2009 that Arlovski would be the guy with the most fights.. we all thought his glass jaw was finished at that point.. 15 years later he's still at it!

Amazing.

MMA is the only thing that makes me realize how many years have truly passed in life

Hall of Famer don't care what anyone says. To the core as true and determined fighter you'll just about ever see. Wtf how is he still going?

I hope he is financially set and stays that way.

This dude dropped Tony Bonello.

Around 9:42

This bully won.
Seems like maybe he had some training, especially his guard recovery.

In fairness, there might be a couple of Sherdoggers that could knock off Thomas “Wild-Meth-Man” Denny…

Dana said “UFC is not a career”
And Warlovski was like “Hold my beer”

He’s the fucking man, he’s one of the last remaining lines to the UFC that I originally started with, when he retires it’ll be a sad day.

Won’t lie… watching ceremonial weigh-ins right now and was shocked to See him on the card. Good on ‘’im.

And he should have been released about 50 UFC's ago. Or more. He's neither good nor exciting any more and hasn't been for a long, long time. The excitement is really only supplied when he gets sparked brutally, but even that doesn't happen to him anywhere nearly as often as it did back when the HW division was full of monsters (which is ironic considering how much better he was back then).

I can't fault him for keeping the fight dream alive, but man I wish he'd just stop already.

Andrei lost 4 fights in a row, 3 by KO, starting in 2009(!)

Everyone thought his chin was gone

Since then he has only been stopped by strikes 5 times in 34(!) additional fights and 15 years

As a heavyweight, it's preposterous he doesn't get clipped more often and somehow "regrew" his chin

He isn't fighting guys like Brett Rogers, Sylvia, Overeem, Fedor, Stipe, etc and he hasn't for a long, long time.

When you're fighting a bunch of teletubby up-and-comers for about 8 years it's easier to hang on to your senses. Although with the recent KO losses to Rogerio de Lima and Don'Tale Mayes, a loss here might see him stop the madness and call it a career. I say call it a career cuz the UFC is clearly not going to let him go due to AA holding compromising pictures of Dana and co.

I remember when he was the new HW prospect... crazy that at his deteriorated state 50% of what he used to be he's still a top 15 HW... shows how bad HW is now

Arlovski is one of the few fighters I don't mind if they fight boring now. Reminds me of Randy Couture, sometimes you just cheer that they win. Hope he can keep it up as long as possible. He's obviously donated enough of his brain to the sport.

I wish I could find the thread on here from 15 yrs ago that detailed Arlovski on the Jerry Springer show.

Man, Arlovski did not look good tonight. Mad respect to him for having the courage to still go out and fight, but that was pretty atrocious from an entertainment perspective.

Back