• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Andrei Arlovski made his UFC debut at UFC 28, which means he's been active for over 90% of the UFC's event history.

And the UFC HW Division is so ABYSMAL, he is still out there collecting a check…

Sad really…

Or to look at it a more positive way the dude is still contending in his mid 40s, is pretty active and actually doesn't have a chin made of glass. Sure he's been KOd a few times but what HW hasn't, he wouldn't have been finished more than the average I don't think.

If he doesn't get in the HOF they should tear the fuckin thing down.

How is it sad. Tell me. I’ll wait . What a dumb word to use
You must be dumb as all hell…for someone as shot and old as Arlovski to still be somewhat competitive against these bums the UFC has been throwing out there is…damn sad.

Dummy.

He fought on the same cards as Kevin Randleman, Ken Shamrock, and Caol Uno, and now he's fighting on the same card as Rei Tsuruya who was born in 2002.

Andrei made his professional debut in 1999.

Just food for thought.
That is wild. I remember when he was an up and comer.

Or to look at it a more positive way the dude is still contending in his mid 40s, is pretty active and actually doesn't have a chin made of glass. Sure he's been KOd a few times but what HW hasn't, he wouldn't have been finished more than the average I don't think.

That is a positive spin but sadly, it’s about the “talent” in the HW division and how an old, shot, way past his prime fighter can still hang around.

This really tells you all you need to know about the HW division.

Watch this dude re-enter the rankings soon.

But all that aside, very impressive. Arlovski defies everything you know about damage and mileage in this sport. Certainly a UFC legend.
he almost did a few years ago; he was on a streak where he won 6 out of 7 with the only loss being to Tom Aspinall. if he didnt get choked out by De Lima he likely wouldve been in the top 15.
and thats 8 years AFTER he made that crazy comeback that got him into the top 5 to fight Stipe. before that people had written him off as washed.
his longevity is really something impressive.

and yeah if Andre isnt in the HOF when he retires then theres no fuckin point to it

I wouldn't say he is still contending, but he is still a decent gatekeeper.

And he is without question a Hall of Famer.

It's crazy to think how long he's been active for. He's lost so many of his abilities that made him dangerous in his prime but he's a lot craftier now that he's past it which is good for him but it's not a good look for today's heavyweight division when most of these young fighters can't ko Arlovski compared to over a decade ago he was KO'ed left and right and we thought he was past his best then.

That is a really, really long career. Hespect!

I also had to check when his last win via finish was. It was OVER NINE YEARS AGO :eek:

That’s even crazier when you think it’s HW division and how active he has been. Just wow.
Tbf he had to change his gameplan, that last finish was against travis browne and the fight was a reckless war. He kept trying to fight that way and last 5 straight soon after.

Dude has the best blackmail ever over the UFC's head, what it is, who knows.

<mma4>

Vitor beat this stat btw. He debuted at UFC 12 so at his last UFC fight, he had fought for 95% of the UFC's history.

<JonesLaugh>

The only thing Andre punches these days is the clock. Always looking to eek out a boring decision.
6ys60p.jpg

Back