• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Andre Arlovski still fighting in the ufc is crazy

Him and Overeem, I think a lot of us expected their careers to be over multiple times but they kept coming back for spells and going on winning streaks. Very resilient, are HWs just built differently?
Maybe the silver lining for fighters with weaker chins is that they avoid a massive amount of extra damage by going down quickly after getting cracked compared to their iron-jawed counterparts.

DUDE, I HAVE SAID THIS BEFORE. BUT ARLOVSKI AND DATSIK NEED TO DO A REMATCH!!! It would do numbers if Dana could get the lore of Datsik out instead of chumming up with his son's frat bros.

fuckn a, that was crazy.

Is Arlovski the last active guy who debuted in the 1990s?

I think Chuck looks awesome, he looks like he barely aged 10 years since he retired. But when he was moving around in the ring you can tell he's shot.
I remember Chuck’s pad work prior to his fight against Tito. It was horrible, I thought he was just messing around. Turned out things were really that bad.
I felt the same when I watched Stipe’s recent training footage.

I remember when he was champ, he was a scary looking dude especially with that wild hair, fangs, alpha chest hair AND he was in super shape (and possibly a wee bit of peds).

A lot of you sherpups probably don't remember 2005/2006 arlovski as the beast below:

duueo91ytry41.jpg

prime and not prime
2c661-16668856484309-1920.jpg

Last edited:
The guy is making the best out of it. He’s been fighting since forever.
That said, he is still younger than Yoel Romero.
<RomeroSalute>

Last man standing from the Condom Depot era. Dude is a warrior, through and through. Hope he saved his money. His career earnings have to be up there.

It's kinda hard for my mind to grasp that he's still fighting when I go down the roster he was part of and which era. I remember when Arlovski was tearing up the heavyweights leading up to his first fight with Tim Sylvia.

We hadn't seen anything like it before at heavyweight in the UFC. Then the 2nd Tim Sylvia fight happened...

I don't mind Andrei still fighting at 45. Some guys you want them to hang it up cause they risk taking more and more damage. But Arlovski has developed a pretty safe style and is fighting lower tier fighters. Up until 2 years ago he had a 4 fight win streak. And he hasn't taken too much damage, 1 TKO loss in last 5 years spanning 10 fights, 2 TKO losses spanning 18 fights.

Back