Andrade is a live dog VS Valentina

I agree. If those two were to fight I’d bet on Andrade.
I hope you post your slip. Valentina is going to absolutely demolish Andrade, dominate the living piss out of her. The skill discrepancy between them is planets apart.

I see that as a feast for Valentina on feet, all night long. Andrade could maybe try just standing and pressing against cage for 5 rounds, cause she has nothing but strength over Valentina.

Who said Andrade is gonna look for TDs? Shes just gonna bully her in clinch/control positions and Valentina wont be able to get her TDs since they all come from the clinch. Shes gonna have a tough time countering her pressure for 5 rounds considering the large power difference

My point was that Valentina was NOT going to initiate the grappling, Andrade is not going to have an easy time controlling her just because Maia did. Valentina easily could have stayed in the center like she demonstrated and threw Heat and heavy Kicks.

You'll see when they fight, Valentina made the fight harder because SHE made it a priority to initiate the grappling against Maia, even if Andrade tries to grapple, she won't have the same success, that and she's a BRAWLER. She likes to brawl and pressure yes, but if you think Valentina's going to willingly engage with the grappling instead of using her Footwork and Counters I don't know what to tell you.

THANK YOU. When Andrade fought Joanna she couldn't buy a Takedown with Dana White's Hooker money or control her, but she's supposed to do the same thing to a much physically stronger Valentina who DID man handle Joanna?

What logic are people operating with?
JJ hasn't the same type of footwork Val has, not saying it's better but it's more suited to fight a tocky wrestler brawler like Andrade.
I could see having Andrade having her way here

she really struggled with Maias strength. Maia found some counters on her exits after her combos ended too. Valentina wont be able to do much in the clinch with Andrade who is prolly even stronger than Maia. Thats where Valentina gets all her TDs. She doesnt have chain wrestling, doubles, knee taps etc.

Valentina will most likely outpoint her but Andrade could easily make her uncomfortable and overwhelm her with pure power/athleticism. Andrade prolly throws the best hooks among females too. And we havent seen Valentinas body tested

So you’re comparing a black belt with a brawler with no technique that is strong. Alrighty.

I was on the "Val is a GOAT men and women combined" hypetrain but after this fight I can say 2 things:
- her ground game is very thin as she only has a crucifix
-she has nice takedowns but no chain wrestling or whatsoever
-even her striking isn't the best against stocky powerful wrestler brawlers: she doesn't possess any punching power, and isn't used to fight moving backwards or in circles. She just stands in the middle of the octagon and wants to counter with her superior handspeed. While she beat Joanna three times now, I genuinely think JJ possesses better suited striking to fight against stocky wrestlers.

Who said Andrade is gonna look for TDs? Shes just gonna bully her in clinch/control positions and Valentina wont be able to get her TDs since they all come from the clinch. Shes gonna have a tough time countering her pressure for 5 rounds considering the large power difference

The problem with that is Andrade is a pretty poor clinch fighter, Joanna owned her in the clinch and even Angela Hill had some success against her there. Considering that Valentina beat Joanna and everyone not named Nunes in the clinch game, I don't see that working for Jessica. Also, Andrade doesn't have the solid positional & top control game that Maia does, she takes a lot of opponents down but she can't keep them down.

Andrade has a puncher's chance but she ain't winning with clinch control or takedowns.

Until she gasses at the end of round two.

Way too short and zero head movement. Gets jabbed and headkicked till she breaks

she really struggled with Maias strength. Maia found some counters on her exits after her combos ended too. Valentina wont be able to do much in the clinch with Andrade who is prolly even stronger than Maia. Thats where Valentina gets all her TDs. She doesnt have chain wrestling, doubles, knee taps etc.

Valentina will most likely outpoint her but Andrade could easily make her uncomfortable and overwhelm her with pure power/athleticism. Andrade prolly throws the best hooks among females too. And we havent seen Valentinas body tested

Agree, maybe this division isn’t as shallow as it looks and it suddenly became competitive. Maia showed to be stronger that Valentina on the clinch (and working on power or strength is one of the hardest things to add) and Andrade definitely is a brawler with more strength than Maia.
So the division suddenly became interesting.

If Andrade is anything over +350, I'll bet on her.

Valentina is a mediocre fighter feasting on terrible fighters in a terrible division.

You are in a roll, or .. are you Maia?

What is this thread arguing exactly? That Andrade will win by... verbal submission due to clinching Val strongly? How exactly does Andrade win again? She doesn't take her down and doesn't out-strike her so...

So a decision win with 25 minutes of dirty boxing? Seems pretty unlikely honestly.

Valentina doesnt have anywhere near Weilis power. She will counter her but they wont do much damage or dissuade the pressure much.
Tell that to Jessica Eye... She is still seeing double from that KO.

<{you!}>

Back