Television ANDOR (Dragonlord's Recommendation: One of the Best TV Shows of 2022, post #439)

finished it tonight. truly wonderful. what a gosh darn surprise Andor was. am i crazy, or is Dedra Meero the greatest SW villain not named Vader?? i'd even argue that she might be the most evil

Not sure, but this character is basically a much more realistic portrayal of how a devoted Nazi SS officer would act in the Star War universe than all the previous attempts by Star Wars. One big reason why I think this show is so good is how grounded and realistic all the characters feel.

It started off a little lame, but it turned out good. Nice ending. I fast forwarded through some of the action scenes, but that is normal.

finished it tonight. truly wonderful. what a gosh darn surprise Andor was. am i crazy, or is Dedra Meero the greatest SW villain not named Vader?? i'd even argue that she might be the most evil

Dedra and Luthen are two of the greatest characters to come out of SW. But both are nuanced and not purely good or evil. Dedra is a careerist and like someone said earlier in this thread, would probably be working for Goldman Sachs if she existed IRL. Someone else ITT described her as a "human frown emoji." And according to wookieepedia, when asked on a podcast about a possible romance between Dedra and Karn, the actress replied that she "was unsure if any person would be able to romance Meero, aside from Meero herself." LMFAO.

Last edited:
Just out out on UHD disk by the way, if you want it pick it up fast since so far it looks like the limited steel books is the only release this stuff will get, no standard edition afterwards.

Quick watch and it does look VERY good, genuinely filmed in 4K and without the online compression.

Last edited:
Watched it over the weekend. It was a good show, better than most of the live action stuff. Idk if I agree with some that it was tremendous; feels a bit like Logan. Maybe elevated because the previous entries were dogshit. Like to see where the 2nd season leads to

Going though the first 3 episodes again it does remind me that it feels very "British", obviously it was filmed here and has plenty of brit actors(nothing new for SW of course) but the general tone of the series and the way its structed to me feel like if you had a high end drama about SW made by the BBC as a political thriller.

The slower very grimy depressing tone most obviously but the way you get a show made of a series of sub story's, most obviously classic Dr Who comes to mind with arcs that last 3-4 episodes each but a lot of more serious stuff down the years has taken that same style and I think it works very well. It means that whilst yes Andor is slow your never THAT far removed from a significant climax, it feels like its moving towards something constantly not just spinning its wheels for the sake of it.

It differs in so many ways from the prequels(almost all of them good) but I feel like it also understands something quite fundamental about the original films which the prequels(and the sequels) did not, the idea of just showing us a little bit of the world and letting us fill in the blanks. Lucas tried to show us the heart of everything with the prequels and ultimately I think it failed to really have the sense of grandure expected. The originals just showed us little hints of how the wider world works and whilst Andor spends more time on that its still content to show us a few little details and only hint at the grander picture which we fill in ourselves.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElEstudiante
Back