Television ANDOR (Dragonlord's Recommendation: One of the Best TV Shows of 2022, post #439)

Just a beautiful, well crafter, tightly written show. I love it, its gonna spoil other shows for me.

I just hate that there's such a long wait for season 2.

Finished the series this weekend. It's difficult to put into words how much I enjoyed this series. Finally, we get to see what stories the vast and ancient Star Wars universe can deliver. The "spectacle" is set aside for plot, character development, dialogue, and SCENES. The stakes are clear and the gravity of the unfolding events is visceral. Almost every character is likable in some way - I found myself rooting for the ISB laaaydee despite everything her character represents. I can't praise the acting and dialogue enough. It's funny, but the dullest character is Andor himself, but that's fine! The fire in Diego Luna's eyes was enough to draw me in. The cast was exceptional and the acting suburb. Not once was I taken out of the moment by a bad performance. And the cinematography...what a beautiful looking show.

After the sequel disaster, the disappointment of the Book of Boba Fett, and the squandered opportunity of the Obiwan series, I was suffering from some serious Star Wars disillusionment.

Andor is the prince that was promised. It is proof that Star Wars is not dead and that truly great stories are out there somewhere in our own galaxy, just waiting to be told.

It's only because of @Dragonlordxxxxx's recommendation that I gave it a shot in the first place. Thank you, brah.

I think that episodes 1 and 2 may end up holding Andor back from reaching a broader audience. I haven't taken a look to see if this show is doing numbers, but if it weren't for posters ITT urging people to push through the first two episodes, I may not have made it. Aside from a few small nitpicks here and there, that is the only fault I can give it.

I'm struggling to compare this series to the rest of the franchise because it is legitimately superior in so many ways.

9/10.

After the sequel disaster, the disappointment of the Book of Boba Fett, and the squandered opportunity of the Obiwan series, I was suffering from some serious Star Wars disillusionment..

I didnt feel quite the same about those though, the sequels for me were just near irridemiebly bad cynical films, Last Jedi had a few decent moments to it but they were just such unambitious fluff were as those series were more "flawed but interesting".

I get the feeling actually that even though it came out first Obi Wan may have taken a lot of influence from Andor the way Boba obviously does from Mando. The idea of Obi Wan dates back a few years but as a film were as I believe Andor was confirmed as a series well before it? To me it does look like their share a lot of the same style/tone just with Obi Wan being much less effective.

Rewatched rogue one last week. Donnie yen is the goat. Jyn Erso is a rebellion dime.

Donnie Yen was underpowered. He should have quit chanting that force shit and used it to flip the switch instead of slow walking there and getting blown up. Could have used the force to steer a thrown rock or something.

My problem with Critical Drinker is that he's too steeped in culture war shit.

My problem is that he says he "tries to keep review as spoiler free as possible" then spoils entire plot lmao

Hes done it with few reviews

Well, considering shows that focus on The Message are written by shit writers who can't write non-shit, you can't really blame him. Shit woke shows are shit.

He has the "alt right voice tone" so you can pickup on his biases within 2 seconds. <45>

And by "alt-right" you mean normal, non-woke people. Who are the vast majority of people in America. If that were not so, the Batwoman movie would have been released. And Disney+ would be doing better. And Bros and Strange World would not have bombed.

Well, considering shows that focus on The Message are written by shit writers who can't write non-shit, you can't really blame him. Shit woke shows are shit.
Nah he goes overboard, he sees woke phantoms in his sleep. It's almost like a box he has to check to throw red meat to his base. Contrast that with say Red Letter Media's criticisms of the same franchises. They don't get caught up in reactionary culture war nonsense and have even made fun of it, including the anti-woke crowd. Reactionary social politics isn't interesting nor necessary to critique bad writing and characterization.

Nah he goes overboard, he sees woke phantoms in his sleep. It's almost like a box he has to check to throw red meat to his base. Contrast that with say Red Letter Media's criticisms of the same franchises. They don't get caught up in reactionary culture war nonsense and have even made fun of it, including the anti-woke crowd. Reactionary social politics isn't interesting nor necessary to critique bad writing and characterization.

It's like my grandpa used to say: "If everybody liked the same thing, everybody would climb on top your grandma."

2 episodes in and quite enjoying it so far. Waiting for shit to go down but can see things building up.

For the people from the UK, did you recognise Trevor from Eastenders as the fat Sergeant assisting the Inspector? Haven't seen him since he left that show.

2 episodes in and quite enjoying it so far. Waiting for shit to go down but can see things building up.

For the people from the UK, did you recognise Trevor from Eastenders as the fat Sergeant assisting the Inspector? Haven't seen him since he left that show.

To me he was miner guy in hbo chernobyl

It was Paul Trueman in space that took me by surprise. Was thinking 'I'm sure I know that guy from somewhere ...'

Back