Anderson with 2 days notice took the DC fight

The fight also destroys the argument that Anderson Silva cuts from 230+ to make middleweight.

Taking the fight on 2 days notice, he weighed in at 198.

This. I feel like people overestimate the fight like Anderson came to fight the devil himself. It was a big ass pay day for a fight the none of them fought at 100%.

Disagree. Anderson had a lot to lose.

DC loves Hendo ... did u see what DC did to Hendo?

He couldnt do the same.to Silva due to Silvas fantastic defensive guard.

This also killed the whole "Anderson is a natural HW! Is over 230 in the cage!" narrative

DC was clearly scared of Anderson. He looked so timid despite being much bigger and more prepared to fight.

Disagree. Anderson had a lot to lose.

DC loves Hendo ... did u see what DC did to Hendo?

He couldnt do the same.to Silva due to Silvas fantastic defensive guard.

Anderson didn't have much to lose. He was coming off 3 losses and a NC due to PEDs.
Plus he was fighting one of the best wrestlers of the UFC (his weakness) on short notice.

No one would hold that loss over him.

I only watched the fight once, but from what I remember DC held Anderson and the ref stood them up a couple of times due to inactivity. The only moment in the fight that had some sparkle was the body kick. Ten seconds of a 15 minute fight.

looked like a belly fat couch potato walking into the cage and still gave dc a three round battle, didn't get finished and hurt him in albeit one instance of the fight. He took the Brunson fight with absolutely nothing to gain and now he's taking a fight with absolutely NOTHING to gain against a young buzzsaw who is touted as the next anderson silva.

I felt that he won the bisping fight but he fought a weird fight and probably deserved to lose based on that.

The guy has unreal confidence in himself and truly has bushido spirit and is willing to fight anyone, much like Cerrone.

When these guys retire, we will miss them dearly. They don't make them like this anymore. I wish our other mma legends were as fearless and willing to put themselves out there for the fans like these guys.

You are easily impressed.

Why didn’t he fight Jones or Shogun when in his prime

DC fans like to say this rather than acknowledge that Silva has by far the best bottom game of anybody DC's fought and it clearly showed.

Would look a lot different if it had been another Dan Henderson in there playing guard.
This is not true...

DC fans like to say this rather than acknowledge that Silva has by far the best bottom game of anybody DC's fought and it clearly showed.

Would look a lot different if it had been another Dan Henderson in there playing guard.

Well I'm not a DC fan, so that part of your theory is out the window.

DC didn't even have to take that fight to the ground. He could have bullied Anderson up against the cage and dirty boxed him. He could have picked Anderson up and slammed him. There was so much he could have done in that fight. This is an olympic calibre wrestler that has thrown around HW like there are nothing, yet I'm supposed to believe that he couldn't absolutely maul a 198lb MW, and instead was 'forced' to snuggle with him on the ground for 3 rounds?

Anderson fans are delusional if they think this was in any way, shape or form a real 'fight'.

So it was a work?

Depends on what you mean by a work. DC was going to win, I don't think there was any doubt about that. Did the UFC/Dana ask DC to take it easy on Anderson because of a number of factors ------> 2 days notice, saving the card, the huge size difference etc, then yeah in that sense I'd say it was a work.

The fight also destroys the argument that Anderson Silva cuts from 230+ to make middleweight.

Taking the fight on 2 days notice, he weighed in at 198.

He was much bigger in his prime though. He shrank a lot since the leg break/USADA.

Then Cormier would of actually fought him rather than mess with him like a father does with his child.

That makes no sense. So DC in his most viewed fight in history and his biggest card in history decided to go light rather than make a statement... seems legit.

Well I'm not a DC fan, so that part of your theory is out the window.

DC didn't even have to take that fight to the ground. He could have bullied Anderson up against the cage and dirty boxed him. He could have picked Anderson up and slammed him. There was so much he could have done in that fight. This is an olympic calibre wrestler that has thrown around HW like there are nothing, yet I'm supposed to believe that he couldn't absolutely maul a 198lb MW, and instead was 'forced' to snuggle with him on the ground for 3 rounds?

Anderson fans are delusional if they think this was in any way, shape or form a real 'fight'.

Depends on what you mean by a work. DC was going to win, I don't think there was any doubt about that. Did the UFC/Dana ask DC to take it easy on Anderson because of a number of factors ------> 2 days notice, saving the card, the huge size difference etc, then yeah in that sense I'd say it was a work.
I hate to be rude, but that must be some of the stupidest shit I have ever heard. Do you Seriously think DC would ever risk taking it easy on Anderson Silva?? Sure, he is not what he used to be, but not long before, he kneed Bisping in the head, almost kod him, And had a very competitive fight with Brunson (that was 2 minutes away from beating Romero).

DC had everything to lose in this fight. He was probably nervous as hell, because a loss would be a catastrophy for his career. No doubt he was the favourite, but he sure wasn’t taking it easy.

It cracks me up how this fight triggers so many arguments.

If you really think about it, that fight showed just how good Chael Sonnen really is.

looked like a belly fat couch potato walking into the cage and still gave dc a three round battle, didn't get finished and hurt him in albeit one instance of the fight. He took the Brunson fight with absolutely nothing to gain and now he's taking a fight with absolutely NOTHING to gain against a young buzzsaw who is touted as the next anderson silva.

I felt that he won the bisping fight but he fought a weird fight and probably deserved to lose based on that.

The guy has unreal confidence in himself and truly has bushido spirit and is willing to fight anyone, much like Cerrone.

When these guys retire, we will miss them dearly. They don't make them like this anymore. I wish our other mma legends were as fearless and willing to put themselves out there for the fans like these guys.

He's got a lot less to lose now than he would have 8 years ago too. Hard to blame guys for trying to avoid unnecessary losses when even 1 can totally alter the arch of ones career.

We all act in our own best interest in regards to our own career , but expect these guys to make those consideration secondary . Why would or should they ..................... So you're entertained for 15 minutes?

he also was paid 1 million to do it.

That makes no sense. So DC in his most viewed fight in history and his biggest card in history decided to go light rather than make a statement... seems legit.

Did you watch the fight?

Was pretty clear DC held back and fought very conservatively.

Had he gone balls out, Anderson would have been pounded into dust in rd 1.

DC wrestlefucked Anderson. That was BS.

He stood with him for like 20 seconds and immediately got hurt then just took him down and layed on him again.

Anderson was probably thinking about dinner for most of that fight.

Back