Anderson with 2 days notice took the DC fight

looked like a belly fat couch potato walking into the cage and still gave dc a three round battle, didn't get finished and hurt him in albeit one instance of the fight. He took the Brunson fight with absolutely nothing to gain and now he's taking a fight with absolutely NOTHING to gain against a young buzzsaw who is touted as the next anderson silva.

I felt that he won the bisping fight but he fought a weird fight and probably deserved to lose based on that.

The guy has unreal confidence in himself and truly has bushido spirit and is willing to fight anyone, much like Cerrone.

When these guys retire, we will miss them dearly. They don't make them like this anymore. I wish our other mma legends were as fearless and willing to put themselves out there for the fans like these guys.
Steroids help with confidence in fighting anyone. DC also looked like he wasn't even trying a little bit in that fight.

I respect other legends for not completely destroying their legacy.

I hate to be rude, but that must be some of the stupidest shit I have ever heard. Do you Seriously think DC would ever risk taking it easy on Anderson Silva?? Sure, he is not what he used to be, but not long before, he kneed Bisping in the head, almost kod him, And had a very competitive fight with Brunson (that was 2 minutes away from beating Romero).

DC had everything to lose in this fight. He was probably nervous as hell, because a loss would be a catastrophy for his career. No doubt he was the favourite, but he sure wasn’t taking it easy.

I'll just assume you've never seen DC fight in his career besides the 'fight' with Anderson. Because it's clear that you haven't. If you have ever seen him fight, please point me to the fight that he had, besides this abomination, where he snuggled on the ground like a wet blanket for the entire fight. I'll wait. The whole fight consisted of DC taking Anderson to the ground, some light GnP, and really nothing else. DC didn't even look like he was trying all that hard.

DC was never going to lose this fight, nor do I think he was nervous.

I'll just assume you've never seen DC fight in his career besides the 'fight' with Anderson. Because it's clear that you haven't. If you have ever seen him fight, please point me to the fight that he had, besides this abomination, where he snuggled on the ground like a wet blanket for the entire fight. I'll wait. The whole fight consisted of DC taking Anderson to the ground, some light GnP, and really nothing else. DC didn't even look like he was trying all that hard.

DC was never going to lose this fight, nor do I think he was nervous.
He obviously fought a smart fight, And took Anderson down, to avoid the risk of being KOd on the feet. It was a great strategy. You believe he was never going to lose the fight?? Of course he would, if he kept standing with Anderson. DC is a smart guy. He would never risk his career in this way.

Not many can hurt Anderson on the ground. Not even a 40 lb heavier DC. He fought a smart fight, And a lot of respect to him for that, but I can’t really believe you Are being serious about him just taking it easy?

He obviously fought a smart fight, And took Anderson down, to avoid the risk of being KOd on the feet. It was a great strategy. You believe he was never going to lose the fight?? Of course he would, if he kept standing with Anderson. DC is a smart guy. He would never risk his career in this way.

Not many can hurt Anderson on the ground. Not even a 40 lb heavier DC. He fought a smart fight, And a lot of respect to him for that, but I can’t really believe you Are being serious about him just taking it easy?

I can't believe you are serious about him NOT taking it easy.

I can't believe you are serious about him NOT taking it easy.

What you are suggesting is that it's more believable a fighter would take Anderson F'ng Silva lightly in the biggest fight of his life by far where a loss would utterly end everything for him and be one of the biggest embarrassments in MMA history than believing Anderson was able to nullify DC with his safe ground game which he has shown his entire career. That's what you are saying in a nutshell?

I didnt see a 3 round battle. It looked like dc juzt held him down for 3 rds and said "look old man,i dont wanna hurt ya,oh i tol you not to start no shit,heres a noogie"

Anderson didn't have a 3 round battle with Cormier, he lost a shut out on all the judges cards with multiple 10-8 rounds. DC casually walked through him and frankly, didn't bother putting to much hurting on him because it wasn't competition for him.

Now Silva is fighting a guy who matches up well with him - he wants to kickbox and we all know he's a bad wrestler. This is about as good a fight as Silva can get, someone who doesn't want to wrestle and will oblige the type of fight Anderson is best at.

When Silva was the best, he refused to fight Jones, he would only move up to 205 to fight guys he had a clear advantage over. FFS he refused to fight Weidman, then decided he could book another fight when it was to 'save' a card again a jabroni like Bonnar known for being a punching bag.

Anderson was great on the ground, stalled DC fantastically

What you are suggesting is that it's more believable a fighter would take Anderson F'ng Silva lightly in the biggest fight of his life by far where a loss would utterly end everything for him and be one of the biggest embarrassments in MMA history than believing Anderson was able to nullify DC with his safe ground game which he has shown his entire career. That's what you are saying in a nutshell?

He didn't take AS lightly, he just didn't want to hurt a legend who came in on 2 days notice to save the card (and his own paycheck) so he went in with a safe gameplan and neglected the aggression.

Do you seriously believe that Cormier couldn't have pounded old AS out whenever he wanted? Spare me the he has a good guard bullshit.

He's stood toe to toe with HWs, and you think Anderson would KO him? Or that he was afraid to stand with Anderson? He's fought way bigger, way stronger guys, with way more power then Silva. He tossed Barnett around like he was made of paper.

I see you can't provide a fight where DC fought anywhere remotely close to the way he 'fought' against Anderson. Pitter patter GnP and hugging him on the ground. It's amazing that you think that was a real fight in any way.

The fight also destroys the argument that Anderson Silva cuts from 230+ to make middleweight.

Taking the fight on 2 days notice, he weighed in at 198.

And he's bigger now than he was during his MW reign.

This is not true...
DC didn't even have to take that fight to the ground. He could have bullied Anderson up against the cage and dirty boxed him. He could have picked Anderson up and slammed him. There was so much he could have done in that fight. This is an olympic calibre wrestler that has thrown around HW like there are nothing, yet I'm supposed to believe that he couldn't absolutely maul a 198lb MW, and instead was 'forced' to snuggle with him on the ground for 3 rounds?

<YeahOKJen>

anderson-silva-vs-daniel-cormier-ufc-200-1.jpg

anderson-silva-vs-daniel-cormier-ufc-200-3.jpg

UFC200Sliva3.jpg

UFC200Sliva4.jpg

UFC200Sliva2.jpg

UFC200Sliva5.jpg

Like I said, Silva is the best bottom grappler DC has fought and it showed. Saying DC took it easy on him is ignoring everything Silva was correctly doing to make it impossible for DC to smash him like he does against people with terrible guards like Hendo. He repeatedly tied up DC which is what prevented DC from attacking well. As a grappler is supposed to do.

You mention him tossing around HWs like Barnett but not what also happened on the ground with Barnett, who likewise is a good bottom grappler even if he's primarily known for his top game

Barnett3.gif

DC's top game, while good, looks better than it is because he never fights guys with bottom games.

He's stood toe to toe with HWs, and you think Anderson would KO him? Or that he was afraid to stand with Anderson? He's fought way bigger, way stronger guys, with way more power then Silva. He tossed Barnett around like he was made of paper.

I see you can't provide a fight where DC fought anywhere remotely close to the way he 'fought' against Anderson. Pitter patter GnP and hugging him on the ground. It's amazing that you think that was a real fight in any way.
Nobody is saying DC hasn’t fought hard punchers before. But he sure never took anyone lightly. I don’t know how old you Are, but if you believe that Anderson couldn’t KO DC if he made a mistake, you Are quite naive. This wasn’t a cartoon.

DC had 40 lbs on Anderson, so this was a safe, good gameplan. He still couldn’t punch him out. Andersons guard And skills on his back is quite famous, And I am sure DC felt that too.

<YeahOKJen>

anderson-silva-vs-daniel-cormier-ufc-200-1.jpg

anderson-silva-vs-daniel-cormier-ufc-200-3.jpg

UFC200Sliva3.jpg

UFC200Sliva4.jpg

UFC200Sliva2.jpg

UFC200Sliva5.jpg

Like I said, Silva is the best bottom grappler DC has fought and it showed. Saying DC took it easy on him is ignoring everything Silva was correctly doing to make it impossible for DC to smash him like he does against people with terrible guards like Hendo. He repeatedly tied up DC which is what prevented DC from attacking well. As a grappler is supposed to do.

You mention him tossing around HWs like Barnett but not what also happened on the ground with Barnett, who likewise is a good bottom grappler even if he's primarily known for his top game

Barnett3.gif

DC's top game, while good, looks better than it is because he never fights guys with bottom games.
Lol whatwver anderson did was cos dc let him.
Anderson told dc "for godssakes my kids are watching"

Not exciting but a decent wrestling match between legends of the sport... Might have been different vs Matrix 205 Silva that fought Forrest.

I think DC took it easy on him to thank him for stepping up and didn't want to batter him.

Anderson was also coming off surgery just 2 months prior to taking the fight.

He was also willing to do it in the event that was cancelled because Jones wouldn't fight Chael on short notice. He wasn't willing to fight Jones but he said he would fight any other LHW on that short of notice.

Back