Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz

ososdenoche

Green Belt
Reaction score
Might as well get this going, whether it's UFC hype trane or not. This fight is so intriguing. Neither potential combatant has fought in a while.

What many choose to forget is that Nick Diaz was an extremely active fighter until the last year or two of his career. He fought 4-5 times a year for a large part of his career. A long layoff raises questions.

While Anderson wasn't fighting quite as frequently, he was still one of the UFC's more reliable champions as he fought 2-3 times a year.

Disregarding the layoff--I see Anderson taking Diaz apart. Nick's attempts to bang will probably turn out like all the others. Part of me wants to be wrong. But no matter what, this would be a great, great fight.

Who you got? WHY?!

As much as I like Anderson it is really hard to say what he will look like coming back in after the 2 losses. Especially the first KO.

Age is a real factor also. If pre-weidman andy returns well he'll take it, if not and if Diaz can repeatedly land head shots it could go either way.

Last edited:
Isnt anderson 20 feet taller and 100lbs heavier than nick?
Anderson via double dragon rooster sushi tornado kick

Anderson. He is far too precise, has good reach and is usually a superb counter striker. How is Nick really meant to win this?

needed another thread........ Talk about hype trains...

Hope this fight materializes cause it would be awesome!!

Anderson Silva is 10x the fighter Diaz is, age and injuries or not. He'll also have a decent size advantage. Anderson by KO or UD if it happens, which will not believe until they're in the cage together.

I like this fight as well. It's a good fight for Anderson to come back on because lets face it, Nick is the type of fighter Anderson matches the best against.

For Nick, he knows Anderson is not going to try and take him down, but he has a chance to show he can be more than just a straight ahead striker if he can take Anderson down. Which even NIck must know he will have to do to have a chance.

Diaz gets buttfucked in the first round.

I like this fight as well. It's a good fight for Anderson to come back on because lets face it, Nick is the type of fighter Anderson matches the best against.

For Nick, he knows Anderson is not going to try and take him down, but he has a chance to show he can be more than just a straight ahead striker if he can take Anderson down. Which even NIck must know he will have to do to have a chance.

Anderson cant strike with anyone good are you serious??? Nick is way faster and a much better boxer and has an iron chin. Anderson looked soo slow vs Weidman. This must be a joke. Anderson with his size which isn't much anyway, and no takedown ability will be a huge sitting duck for nick to destroy standing. You guys fail to realize 185 division was shit before Weidman & strikeforce came in

Fights I'd like to see Andy take if he comes back:

Mick Diaz
Michael Bisping
Man Henderson II
Mobbie Lawler

This fight needs to happen, you got two top mma fighters, both will draw HUGE ppv #'s, both will sell out a stadium, both have big fan bases, just make this happen DFW

Guys, Anderson is a hair shy of 40 years old... Weidman first knocked him out cold, then - after almost knocking him out a second time - helped him to crack his leg in two.

Anderson's chin seems to be on the decline. And not because of the KO... because of the "almost" KO, in the second fight. We saw Weidman catch Anderson behind the ear, and when you watch the slow-motion replay, you can see Anderson's lights go out for a brief second, and his body begins to go limp. His chin is going, going... almost gone.

3-4 years ago, Anderson takes this fight all day. He was basically a better version of Diaz... faster punches, harder punches, and just as accurate. But now? I dunno man.

I still think Anderson should be the favorite. But to act like he couldn't lose this fight is to deny reality.

This fight needs to happen. My 2 favorite fighters of all time squaring off? I'd just hope for a great scrap, let the best man win.

Anderson cant strike with anyone good are you serious??? Nick is way faster and a much better boxer and has an iron chin. Anderson looked soo slow vs Weidman. This must be a joke. Anderson with his size which isn't much anyway, and no takedown ability will be a huge sitting duck for nick to destroy standing. You guys fail to realize 185 division was shit before Weidman & strikeforce came in

Did you just claim that Anderson Silva, the best MMA striker ever, can't stand with Nick Diaz?

Are you new to MMA?

Back