Anderson Silva vs Hector Lombard

PurpleDrank

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Who wins between the 2 best middleweights in the world. Hector is the clear #1 contender, if you just watch him fight when he's healthy, you cant deny his skill.

Haahahahaha I remember when he was Bellator champ, and when Cung Le was SF champ we had to endure this garbage all the time. I think Silva would KO Lombard within the first 2 minutes. Isnt Lombard like 8 inches shorter? throws wild looping bombs, that matrix Silva would never get struck by. I think guys like Bisping, Rockhold, Belfort, Belcher are closer striking matchups and guys like Sonnen, Okami, and Munoz would take Lombard to the ground and win easy. Lombard should be around the #12-15 best MW.

i'd pick lombard. his grappling is too good, and his striking is dangerous enough to keep silva honest.

Anderson would dance around him with ease, pick him apart, and have the choice to coast to an easy UD or TKO him late in the 1st or mid 2nd.

Anderson would tool him easy. Now I doubt he'd KO him, but he would takes this by decision incredibly easy.

Who wins between the 2 best middleweights in the world. Hector is the clear #1 contender, if you just watch him fight when he's healthy, you cant deny his skill.

You can't say that Hector is a #1 contender just based on skill alone. He has to prove by atleast beating a top ten opponent.

Hector is the clear #1 contender

Would love to know how you came to this conclusion.

That said, I give Hector as much chance as anybody else in the division.

Better question, would Anderson take the fight? It'll take a year of W's for Lombard to get a shot. Andy in 2014...

You can't say that Hector is a #1 contender just based on skill alone. He has to prove by atleast beating a top ten opponent.

someone forgot to pass that message to vitor belfort and the people who claim he's a top 5 mw :icon_neut

his striking is dangerous enough to keep silva honest.

You%20fail.gif

Lombard is not the #2 middleweight and Anderson would tool him. Hes a legit top 10 talent. Not #2 and not a threat to Silva

Weidman's undoubtedly the most deserving of the next title shot. It seems like UFC is hoping he loses so they have an excuse to pass him by in favour of a bigger name. If Bisping loses it'll either be Silva/Jones in NYC or Silva/Lombard.

Didnt you watch the fight against Tim Boetsh?
He lost against boetsh, he will not get past weidman, bisping or even belfort
I think even that Philippoupi guy takes him out....lol at # 1 contender

had to be a white belt, lol

I like Lombard and want him to do well. A battle with AS has the potential to either be a onesided beatdown (from AS) or a war. I favour Beatdown/Schooling based on history. Lombard has yet to prove himself in the big show to be considered #2 MW. Maybe Boestch was injury and first bigshow jitters. We'll see.

By the time they get to fight, maybe AS will be on the decline...

I'm not really sure why anybody would think Lombard would give Silva a fight at this point.

Andy wins but hector def gots better then a punchers chance

Back