Anderson Silva vs Hector Lombard

conventional thought would say the guy is custom made for anderson. counter striker heaven.

i'd like to see if shael could hang with lombard though...

I would bet on Silva getting the TKO in round one or two.

Anderson couldn't KO Chael (x2), Vitor, and especially Demian Maia and Patrick Cote in the first two minutes. He is not KO'ing Hector in the 1st. Hector would last at the very least more than 3 rounds, but I think if they fought Anderson would take the decision. You can call him overrated all you want but match him up against any of the top 10 in the division (including rematching Boestch,) and you will see he would tear them the fuck up

Let Lombard fight Belfort before we talk about him against Silva.

silva-rocked.gif

if k1 sonnen was able to do that

fighting with an injured sternum?

Starting to think you're a hypocrite my man.. HL gets "an injured sternum" yet AS can't have injured ribs?? :rolleyes: Come off it jerk before you make yourself look even more foolish than you already have..

I'll go with Anderson via strikes.

It's a fight I'd like to see though, striker vs striker.

Who wins between the 2 best middleweights in the world. Hector is the clear #1 contender, if you just watch him fight when he's healthy, you cant deny his skill.

Not sure whether you're trolling or suffer from White Belt Syndrome.

Just so you're clear in order to be a number one contender you must have at least one top 10 win on your resume.

silva-rocked.gif

if k1 sonnen was able to do that, imagine what lombard could do.

Why doesn't anyone ever post the gif of what happened not even 2 seconds latter after this clip when Anderson dropped his hands against the cage at let Sonnen tee off? Chael hit him a few good times before he decided he better go for the takedown.

Is your hatred really that strong that you can't tell an accurat account of what happened there?

silva-rocked.gif

if k1 sonnen was able to do that, imagine what lombard could do.

You could post that gif in every Anderson vs striker thread to come to the conclusion Anderson is in trouble and you'd be wrong every time. I hope you posted that before the Vitor fight. "If K1 Sonnen was able to do that imagine what Vitor will do." Imagine what Franklin, Marquardt, Bisping, Cung Le, Leben etc etc will do!!!

Hector Lombard is not one of the best middle weights in the world. He loss to Tim BOETSCH. I'd rather see Anderson Silva vs. Tim Boetsch before Hector Lombard.

Spider has too much length. Guys like Lombard are at a huge disadvantage. He plods across the ring and doesn't cover lots of ground. They key to beat spider is wrestling and footwork when striking.

i'd pick lombard. his grappling is too good, and his striking is dangerous enough to keep silva honest.

ditto. wont be as easy as everyone thinks it is. Lombard is a rock
Hector Lombard is not one of the best middle weights in the world. He loss to Tim BOETSCH. I'd rather see Anderson Silva vs. Tim Boetsch before Hector Lombard.

lombard should have won that fight

also lol at the guy who compared lombard to leben..

It's amazing because Lombard is the 2nd/3rd best striker at MW (Belfort), and he has a very impressive Judo background, and I would give him essentially no chance in this fight. That's just how good Anderson is. Anderson would catch him with something in the 1st or 2nd round and that would be that.

It's amazing because Lombard is the 2nd/3rd best striker at MW (Belfort), and he has a very impressive Judo background, and I would give him essentially no chance in this fight. That's just how good Anderson is. Anderson would catch him with something in the 1st or 2nd round and that would be that.

im pretty positive that anderson would win, but i dont think Lombard would be slaughtered as easily as everyone thinks he would. hes one of the toughest middleweights out

im pretty positive that anderson would win, but i dont think Lombard would be slaughtered as easily as everyone thinks he would. hes one of the toughest middleweights out
Yeah I don't mean to take anything away from Lombard because he's definitely legit, but so is Belfort. And sure, that kick was just perfectly timed and perfectly placed, but Anderson just seems to have that ability. Even though I don't think Lombard stands much of a chance it's still definitely the most intriguing option at MW aside from Weidman.

anyway, i think Its way to early to decide this matchup, we need to see lombard fight a few more contenders before we can get a good feel for it

Back