Anderson Silva training for the stylebender

ironkhan57

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Honestly he looks good, but I don't know the other guys credentials. This is a boxing spar in the cage and he seems to be using good headmovement and staying off the line real well. While also getting good angles for some uppercuts.

(I didn't watch the whole video I'm about to right now)

Honestly I don't think Silva is going to win this fight, because Israel is much faster, and in his prime. Anderson's time is up in the sport he's better off just being an instructor. He does look faster than when I last saw him fight....... which I have not watch Anderson Silva in a wild min.

I always like Anderson silva, Israel is one of my favorite middle weights right now too. I'm leaning towards stylebender.

Who do you guys think is going to win?

Prime Anderson would have lost this fight too, Israel is a high level professional kickboxer who uses a technical pressure style that Anderson can't stand. The only way outside of punchers chance I see Anderson winning is if he is savvy enough to get it to the ground - as his grappling is certainly stronger.

Prime Anderson would have lost this fight too, Israel is a high level professional kickboxer who uses a technical pressure style that Anderson can't stand. The only way outside of punchers chance I see Anderson winning is if he is savvy enough to get it to the ground - as his grappling is certainly stronger.

Yeah I don't think he will be able too, we saw Israel defend takedowns from Derek Brunson. And derek was a collegiate wrestler if I'm not mistaken.

Wasn't Anderson's weakness always takedowns?

Honestly I don't think Silva is going to win this fight, because Israel is much faster, and in his prime. Anderson's time is up in the sport he's better off just being an instructor. He does look faster than when I last saw him fight....... which I have not watch Anderson Silva in a wild min.

I always like Anderson silva, Israel is one of my favorite middle weights right now too. I'm leaning towards stylebender.

Who do you guys think is going to win?
Stylebender

Reckon style bender will win. But dying to see Anderson take it!

I would love to see at least one fighter that's way past there prime become champion.
I remember a few years ago when Anderson was in his prime & JBJ was only a few bouts in, in the ufc. People were asking on here about them facing off.

Its like this all over again, only with Anderson being past it.

I remember a few years ago when Anderson was in his prime & JBJ was only a few bouts in, in the ufc. People were asking on here about them facing off.

Its like this all over again, only with Anderson being past it.

We all know Jon got that in the bag. Even back than. Israel doesn't just have mma experience he has kickboxing experience too, and apparently boxing too according to wiki. Some people don't understand that that experience gives you more of an edge in mma.

Hoping for a Robbie Lawler vs Melvin Manhoef moment for Anderson.

Hoping for a Robbie Lawler vs Melvin Manhoef moment for Anderson.

That doesn't really sound like Silva's MO, I like both fighters, it would be amazing for Silva to hit another devastating flying knee like he did against bisping. I'm pretty sure Silva has the reach advantage, no?

That doesn't really sound like Silva's MO, I like both fighters, it would be amazing for Silva to hit another devastating flying knee like he did against bisping. I'm pretty sure Silva has the reach advantage, no?
I think so and he does have some power in his hands and as Foreman was found of saying, "The last thing a fighter loses is his punching power"

I'd like to see him fight a fight similar to how Nieky Holzken fought Raymond Daniels - pressure and boxing range (combos up and down). Unfortunately Silva is not a go forward pressure fighter.

I think so and he does have some power in his hands and as Foreman was found of saying, "The last thing a fighter loses is his punching power"

I'd like to see him fight a fight similar to how Nieky Holzken fought Raymond Daniels - pressure and boxing range (combos up and down). Unfortunately Silva is not a go forward pressure fighter.

I wasn't saying he didn't have any power in his hands, I know Silva still has power.

Your right, silva is a more technical boxing range fighter, he would move back and use head movement, but would never come forward and pressure his opponents.

What I like about Anderson Silva is his willing to broaden his martial art knowledge, training with people like Dan Inosanto and others...

My concern is he also actively training in the conditioning methods in the various trained arts over the last say 5 years or is he just glossing over techniques.

Well at least in that video you see good head movement not like so many others where there is little to none keeping their heads up straight in shoulder neutral position.

Interesting nonetheless ;)

Yeah I don't think he will be able too, we saw Israel defend takedowns from Derek Brunson. And derek was a collegiate wrestler if I'm not mistaken.

Wasn't Anderson's weakness always takedowns?

I don't think he'll necessarily shoot on Israel but if there's ever a moment where they stumble and end up on the ground that'd be his best bet

I don't think he'll necessarily shoot on Israel but if there's ever a moment where they stumble and end up on the ground that'd be his best bet

I somehow think he will still lose even if it goes to the ground Israel is one of those fighters that secretly work on things behind the scenes.

You can never count out Silva but here he's at a massive disadvantage. Israel has a very similar style to his but is much younger and faster, also hungrier, and arguably an even better striker than Anderson was coming to the UFC.

However Israel has been caught before so it's definitely doable for Silva especially with smaller gloves.

You can never count out Silva but here he's at a massive disadvantage. Israel has a very similar style to his but is much younger and faster, also hungrier, and arguably an even better striker than Anderson was coming to the UFC.

However Israel has been caught before so it's definitely doable for Silva especially with smaller gloves.

Man the chances of Silva winning are slim, I think Israel has better defense am I wrong? I haven't watched much of his fights, because I don't pay for ppv. I do know he did good his last fight and said that he chose not to finish brunson.

Man the chances of Silva winning are slim, I think Israel has better defense am I wrong? I haven't watched much of his fights, because I don't pay for ppv. I do know he did good his last fight and said that he chose not to finish brunson.

The defence in Kickboxing with Boxing gloves is different to the defence with MMA gloves, and in MMA Adesanya hasn't been tested by great strikers yet. So it's impossible to say who has the best defence when one hasn't even faced any top fighters in MMA yet.

Back