Anderson Silva training for the stylebender

The defence in Kickboxing with Boxing gloves is different to the defence with MMA gloves, and in MMA Adesanya hasn't been tested by great strikers yet. So it's impossible to say who has the best defence when one hasn't even faced any top fighters in MMA yet.

Yes the gloves do play a factor, but Israel is a really good fighter, and has boxing experience too, he can easily adapt to mma gloves just by training mma for a while.

Yes the gloves do play a factor, but Israel is a really good fighter, and has boxing experience too, he can easily adapt to mma gloves just by training mma for a while.

That's what they said about Saki.

That's what they said about Saki.

Saki got caught but I wouldn't write him off. I think that Israel's style in general works better for MMA arguably more so than it did for kickboxing. What with his hands being low and all.

Andy aint beating this young hungry guy.

oh and i see Israel winning, though wouldn't be surprised if Silva pulled off the KO with a knee or elbow

Yeah I don't think he will be able too, we saw Israel defend takedowns from Derek Brunson. And derek was a collegiate wrestler if I'm not mistaken.

Wasn't Anderson's weakness always takedowns?

No way the guys heart and soul is striking. Israel’s strong game is stand up too, He 100% makes this a pride thing and stays off the ground.

I love Anderson.Truly I do, but I can't see him getting it to the ground unless Izzy scores a knockdown and gets overzealous and caught in a triangle choke

I love Anderson.Truly I do, but I can't see him getting it to the ground unless Izzy scores a knockdown and gets overzealous and caught in a triangle choke

Izzy is more of a stand up guy, so I don't think he'll want to go to the ground with anyone. Anderson still looks like he's in shape, and seems like he's got the same speed he did years ago (at least that is to me). If Anderson wins this fight Dana white is going to be all over him lol.

Back