Anderson Silva Announces Retirement After Three More Fights (Superfights)

Which final fights do you want to see Silva in?

• Total voters
Silva beating Adesanya, Whittaker and challenging GSP to come fight him would be the funniest thing ever.

It would be cool ... but funniest?

Funniest would be Matt Serra KOing GSP
or
Bisping beating Silva, KOing Rockhold and then beating Henderson.

MW champ, Jones and GSP

The odds of him getting a fight with mcgreggor would be 1 in a billion.

That Conor fight makes no sense at all.

The three super fights should be Israel (L), GSP (W) and Jones (L) but it'll probably be something stupid like Israel (L), Rockhold (W) and Weidman III (W) and then he rides off...

Logical MW fights won't do much if anything for his legacy. If he beats Adesanya, so what. He beat the new "it" kid. If he beats him and gets the titleshot against Whittaker, so what. Whittaker isn't the GOAT or even a long-time champion. That would leave one title defense, maybe two. None of those defenses would be against anyone historically significant. Gastelum, Costa, Jacare, etc.

Last fight should be against Jose Landi-Jons.

Silva missing a few brain cells. He says GSP dodges challengers, yet he calls out McGregor, a former 145er when Silva fought up to 205, and not only that, he's only willing to go down to 180 to meet him.

How are some of you fans of Silva? The guy is a fucking braindead clown that pissed hot twice and is 1-5-1 since 2012.

Announces retirement after 3 more fights? Crazy sentence in this game. He's a legend I'm sure it's in his contract he can't fight anywhere else lifetime deal, probably made during Israel negotiations. There is only one name and that is GSP. And I'd pick GSP to win. Anderson is talking shit trying to make the fight happen, add it to a mega-card that's over 800k buys why doesn't GSP accept? He always talks about legacy he would be the favorite and he still avoids the risk. Geez. Now he'll lose a slow kickboxing match to Israel and that fight is gone forever.

Announces retirement after 3 more fights? Crazy sentence in this game. He's a legend I'm sure it's in his contract he can't fight anywhere else lifetime deal, probably made during Israel negotiations. There is only one name and that is GSP. And I'd pick GSP to win. Anderson is talking shit trying to make the fight happen, add it to a mega-card that's over 800k buys why doesn't GSP accept? He always talks about legacy he would be the favorite and he still avoids the risk. Geez. Now he'll lose a slow kickboxing match to Israel and that fight is gone forever.
Silva's on a long contract he signed back when he was still champ. At the time no one expected him to finish the contract but he now has 3 fights left. He said a while back he was going to finish his contract and see what happens, now he's decided that will be the end. Given when he signed the contract he probably still makes a shitload per fight so retiring before the contract ends would mean leaving a lot of monet on the table.

Silva's on a long contract he signed back when he was still champ. At the time no one expected him to finish the contract but he now has 3 fights left. He said a while back he was going to finish his contract and see what happens, now he's decided that will be the end. Given when he signed the contract he probably still makes a shitload per fight so retiring before the contract ends would mean leaving a lot of monet on the table.
I love what Anderson is doing passing the torch and letting his prime speak for itself and making money on a name he sacrificed a lot of himself to create. I'm sure he's getting paid a fortune to pass this torch, or he'd just wait for matchups that pose less risk and embarrassment. I don't know how Anderson is regarded in Brazil but hopefully they throw him someone to KO at home (I don't know who that someone is he rarely throws). And then stays retired forever. His kids been begging at least last 6 years.

Silva missing a few brain cells. He says GSP dodges challengers, yet he calls out McGregor, a former 145er when Silva fought up to 205, and not only that, he's only willing to go down to 180 to meet him.

How are some of you fans of Silva? The guy is a fucking braindead clown that pissed hot twice and is 1-5-1 since 2012.

He's 3-4-1 since the start of 2012 but don't let facts get in the way of a good story

I love what Anderson is doing passing the torch and letting his prime speak for itself and making money on a name he sacrificed a lot of himself to create. I'm sure he's getting paid a fortune to pass this torch, or he'd just wait for matchups that pose less risk and embarrassment. I don't know how Anderson is regarded in Brazil but hopefully they throw him someone to KO at home (I don't know who that someone is he rarely throws). And then stays retired forever. His kids been begging at least last 6 years.
Apparently Anderson and his team knocked the fight back at first. I get the impression the guaranteed title fight enticed them to take it.
If his title shot doesn't work out I want the Shogun fight before they both retire.

Apparently Anderson and his team knocked the fight back at first. I get the impression the guaranteed title fight enticed them to take it.
If his title shot doesn't work out I want the Shogun fight before they both retire.
That's a perfect match-up right there. No guilt at all equal matchup nobody is sad at the end it's perfect. Shogun via 37 year old-old man top control.

Thats why hes been talking shit on GSP. Smart dude, starting the shit talk this early. I bet it'll be his last fight.

Jacare, Weidman, GSP

In that order.

Fuck it I still want another Weidman fight

I know I'm delusional but getting KO'ed while clowning and snapping your leg and half off of a fluke check just doesn't sit right with me

Back