Anderson Silva Announces Retirement After Three More Fights (Superfights)

Which final fights do you want to see Silva in?

• Total voters
Silva has already fought the LHW champion Daniel Cormier and took it to a decision. There is therefore absolutely no reason why he can't fight the former LHW champion Jon Jones.

Too tall long-limbed former drug users. Perfect matchup.

There is no valid we-can't-fight-because-we're-friends argument.

Jones vs. Silva would likely do higher PPV numbers, so you can't say, "Well, this other fight definitely would make us more money..."

Jones is not going to run from Silva. The ball is in Silva's court. He wants a superfight. This is The Superfight!

Just added the poll for the most popular draw (GSP vs. Silva). Vote should still be allowed if you already voted for opponents.

i really don't wanna see any of them. he lost to brunson. he's just collecting checks.

Silva should throw a curveball and call out Khabib

Blasts gsp for easy fights, asks to fight a guy he has 5 inches and 30lbs on.

Silva youre embarrassing
Hes fighting the scariest guy in his weight class and you're really trashing on who he calls out?

"McGregor is a challenge."

He believes fighting a guy who fought a majority of his career at FW is a challenge? Good one.

Three more fights and he is trying to fight guys smaller than him for money. The same guy blasting GSP for not taking challenges.
Exactly, same with all of these fools on Sherdog- no one talks about Anderson and everyone talks about GSP not taking challenges.

I picked GSP, middleweight champ & Khabib.

I can see him winning or losing against GSP or whoever the champ would be

I would of liked to pick JBJ instead of Khabib. The fight against JBJ would be epic if Anderson was in his prime!

It's pretty damning how many of us wanted to see GSP vs Silva back in the day. 71% of Sherdog in 2018 still want to see this fight happen lol. Guess which group of fans don't want it to happen. Flash back to 2010-2011 we had even more people wanting this fight.

He's 3-4-1 since the start of 2012 but don't let facts get in the way of a good story

That's much better. Not even 50% win rate over the span of 5 years. How anyone considers this can a GOAT boggles my mind.

Man i hate this guy. Why does he deserve a single superfight let alone 3? Just retire already. He wasn't the only blackhouse fighter who went from a murderer to a gatekeeper after getting popped.

let Weidman throttle him 3 more times so his dumbass fans can come up with 3 more excuses. will be unbelievably entertaining

That's much better. Not even 50% win rate over the span of 5 years. How anyone considers this can a GOAT boggles my mind.

I wasn't saying it's a great record but it's not 1-5-1 like what was stated. I personally think Fedor is the best ever but if you think Silva is a can you're probably watching the wrong sport. If you don't have Silva as one of the top five ever you don't know what you're watching

Lol, calling out a FW

Personally, I think a Weidman fight is the best option

Its getting really annoying hearing him call out Conor.

Huge fan, but wtf if this? At first I thought he did it to get his name out there, but it seems like he is really pushing for Conor.

I know you want that money, Silva, but cmon
I agree. As much as I'd love to watch my favorite fighter beat the fuck out of Conor the size difference is just to much to see it as a real challenge.

Anderson fought 40 lbs heavier and now HW champion DC on 2 days notice. He is not scared of anyone .. unlike your boy GSP(ducked Hendricks, Silva, Woodley, Whittaker ...)

Actions matter more than words every single time

You just listed fighters GSP never ducked. He fought Hendricks, wasn't in the same division as Silva, was driven out of MW by an illness before he could fight Whittaker. People who don't like GSP are quick to call him a liar, but considering the integrity he's shown over the years, that's just the salt talking.

I respect the fights Anderson has taken but if you're going to hold GSP to a ludicrous standard, you have to do the same with Anderson. His fans won't shut up about a fight with GSP but hate when you mention Jones. There's always a reason why the GSP made sense but Jones did not, but the only real reason is when two P4P best meet, the bigger guy is always the huge favorite. When GSP almost killed BJ, Dana said that was it for cross division super fights.

And how about Shogun? When he said he was interested in fighting Anderson, The Spider told him he'd have to come down to MW. No catch weight was acceptable, it was MW or nothing.

Also, consider the position Anderson in was when he fought DC. Anderson hadn't won a fight in four years. What did he really have to lose? Outside of that one kick it looked like a man beating a boy in that fight.

I don't think Anderson has ever been "afraid" of another fighter, outside the fear and nerves virtually ever fighter experiences. I just think his fans howling about GSP ducking anyone are being painfully hypocritical and ignoring how the stupid arguments can be applied to Anderson also.

Back