Anderson Silva- 1st fight back

joey gerbils

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I am thinking about the possibilities for Anderson Silva's first fight back after the nasty leg injury.
The question is, do they give him an easy-to-win tune up fight or do they throw the former Champ right back in with the sharks? After all, his only two losses since 2006 are to the current champ.
Middleweight is bursting at the seems right now with potential contenders for Weidman's belt like Belfort, Romero, Rockhold, Jacare, Kennedy. He would provide a "star building" win for any of those guys, or if he won he could prove he still has it and can work his way back up to fighting for the belt.

Here are some possibilities:

1. Michael Bisping- this seems like a likely match up considering he's a big name and also coming off a loss. A win over Bisping, however, would mean less than a win over any of the top 10 guys on win streaks.

2. Tim Kennedy- Needs a win to excite the fans before he'll get a title fight. His grinding style could bring the fight to Anderson much like Chael Sonnen did in the first fight. This is low-risk for the UFC in terms of Anderson getting KO'd again and would be a very solid feather in the cap of their fighter than won.

3. Yoel Romero- also needs a win over a top 10 fighter before he'll get a title fight. Cannot deny that Romero is an exciting fighter with incredible striking and wrestling who I think would pose A LOT of problems for Anderson to deal with. Again, win-win for the UFC as it would be a credible win for both fighters

4. Vitor?? We all know Vitor wants the rematch.... they could even do it at LHW if they wanted to. I want to see a rematch, do you?

I'm almost positive his comeback fight will be against Cung Le.

That would be a mega-super fight.

As to who will win, gotta go with Cung on this one. Anderson is done for.

Anderson vs Weidman 3

They are going to feed him a can like they have for the majority of his career.

Have him fight Weidman again, so we can have some closure - not a KO while Silva's clowning or a fluke, freak injury.

Do you also think he will fight Bisbing?
Yup. Bisping has a decently big name, good enough for Anderson to tune up and get a highlight reel KO. Cung is a little too far off from the rankings for Anderson. Might give that to him anyway though.

I would love to see him come back against rockhold, kennedy, or maybe munoz/chael though.

After Chael smokes Wand he needs to move back to MW and sweep Anderson's leg closing out the trilogy.

Have him fight Weidman again, so we can have some closure - not a KO while Silva's clowning or a fluke, freak injury.

I'd rather not. those 2 just have no luck getting a clean outcome when they fight. one of the camera men around the cage will drop their camera on Silva or something, or a light will drop down from a rafter onto the cage. they're just cursed.

with that said, I'd love to see a third fight. AFTER Silva comes back and gets a win first, proving to be back to his old self, post-injury.

oh god no, no more please
can't see Silva hurt again :(

Anderson throws a punch that hits Chris flush on the chin, Andy's entire arm shatters from the force and then he slips on some ice and breaks every one of his intact limbs.

Matt Serra then fucks him and it gets really uncomfortable... First everyone's like:

ಠ_ಠ

Then

ಠ▃ಠ

And finally

606.gif

Trust me, Anderson is not going to take any fights with wrestlers like Kennedy or Romero after his downfall against Weidman.

Nick Diaz super bowl weekend. Nick will be way way to fast for him and send him to a legit retirement for 5 million dollars

anderson should fight the guy tyrone sponge last fought

Back