Anderson Should have went up and took out Shogun

Anderson was great,so he did not need to beat Shogun to become that.

Also Shogun proved to be too fast for Machida,and it would have been the same for Anderson. There is a reason why he didnt take on the big hitters at LHW like Rampage and Shogun. He neednt have taken those anyway,he had his own weight class to fight in.

Silva embarrassed every Brazilian he ever fought (besides the luiz fight 24 years ago lol), Shogun would be no different. He really hated the idea of fighting people he would consider a friend or confidant, that's why he never tried to usurp Lyoto or Shogun, both great fighters in their own right, but no where near the level of Anderson at the time. If he went and beat the snot out of shogun like Hendo did, he'd be flexing on his training partner Lyoto at the time, not giving Lyoto his chance at redemption.

You can watch them spar around the time of all this going down, Silva was levels above shogun, and certainly that overrated version who beat ancient chuck and coleman for a title shot after losing to forrest.
Sounds like a bunch of bitch ass excuses your making that have no basis in reality whatsoever.

Anderson didnt NEED to fight guys in another weight class,esp the killers. Im ok with that. You should be too.

His hesitations are obvious: Considering he trained with Rua and Shogun uses to get the better off him in Japan/Brazil. What he really didn’t know though is his own pharmacist was the best in the world and rua was done those injuries had left him a shell. In hindsight he should have gone up. But rua is such an offensive enigma he could have slept Silva and ruined his legacy so it worked out well for Anderoid
Shogun would have beaten him. Too quick,too powerful. No shame in that.

Shogun would have beaten him. Too quick,too powerful. No shame in that.

Pride Rua? 97 times outta 100 shogun beats him.

Post all those injuries Rua? I wouldn’t bet the farm on it and Anderoid when juiced found his own peak.

To be honest in my personal opinion Rua’s very short lived peak was actually before Coleman fight and the broken arm/shoulder or whatever it was. Prior to that he was vicious and relentless. Post that injury he tended to become hesitant and look for that one shot kill instead of throwing non stop, with every shot able to kill.

Why were Champ vs Champ fights so unusual before Conor?
I don't think they typically allowed it, they offered GSP and Anderson a chance to fight at either 170 or 185 but other than that I don't think it was allowed. I know Aldo wanted to do it but they said he had to give up the 145 title if he wanted to fight for the 155 title.

Well if we're going down this road I guess the big question is ..... do you want your first real bad ass whipping handed out by the Chris or Jones?

Prime Anderson badly beats down any version of Shogun.

Rua himself admitted that Silva was by far the most talented guy at chute boxe.

He was all wrong for Rua. Silva counters him silly and is under no threat when it comes to the ground game either.

But really Anderson wasn't gonna do his fellow Brazilian champs like that. It was his call.

I think that would have been a great fight that I could see going a few different ways. Wouldn't be suprised if Silva played his counter game and caught an aggressive Shogun but on the other hand if it's Shogun at his A game he always looked badass. A more calculated version of Wand with better kicks. I could see how some might see that not play out well for Silva.

What exactly would Shogun bring to the table that would beat Silva so clearly? Silva's got the longer limbs, better speed and accuracy, better defense everywhere, he's got the better boxing and his counter punching would work very well against Shogun's wild forward attacks. Back then he checked nearly every low kick throw at him so don't think Rua is gonna chop him down.

It would be similar to the way Jones completely dismantled Shogun. Anderson simply had way too many advantages. Strikers wouldn't trouble him, wrestlers did.

Anderson was great,so he did not need to beat Shogun to become that.

Also Shogun proved to be too fast for Machida,and it would have been the same for Anderson. There is a reason why he didnt take on the big hitters at LHW like Rampage and Shogun. He neednt have taken those anyway,he had his own weight class to fight in.

What revisionist bullcrap is this? Anderson took on the guy that beat both Rampage and Shogun. And he embarrassed him.

Also Shogun wasn't faster than Machida. He had better timing. He would not have had that against Anderson. Anderson also wouldn't have been preoccupied with being "aggressive" in order to satisfy the critics the way Machida was. Machida got ko'd because he uncharacteristically rushed in on Shogun.

Anderson eould have embarrassed Shogun the way he did everyone else.

If he wanted to be the goat.

That was his shining moment of opportunity.

Before Jon Jones got in there.

He had a fight at 205 already. He was dominant MW champion.

Instead of repeatedly calling out GSP to come to 185.

He would have been favoured against Shogun who was more or less shot.

It would have been legendary and he could have been the first real Champ Champ.

They're probably good friends or something

Y’all gonna start putting some respect on shoguns name

Dumb thread. Shogun fought once as the champ and it was against Jones. How the fuck does he fight Silva as champ?

What revisionist bullcrap is this? Anderson took on the guy that beat both Rampage and Shogun. And he embarrassed him.

Also Shogun wasn't faster than Machida. He had better timing. He would not have had that against Anderson. Anderson also wouldn't have been preoccupied with being "aggressive" in order to satisfy the critics the way Machida was. Machida got ko'd because he uncharacteristically rushed in on Shogun.

Anderson eould have embarrassed Shogun the way he did everyone else.
They didn't fight. Only one making shit up is you.

The way I see this match up, Pre Anderson's ufc run, Shogun. Once Andy was in the ufc, I don't see Shogun beating him. I like Shogun more. It is what it is.

Ya I think he realized that gsp was the money fight at that point. Low risk high reward vs low risk low reward. I think at that point he beats either though

Shogun would have brutalized his legs with kicks.

Silva never fought a striker as good as 2009/2010 Shogun

Back