Analyze this situation, did I get it right?

Home_Slice

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I was riding the train last week.

I like trains as a form of public transport cause you have your table and USB sockets etc. Lots of space to stretch out and fuck about.

Anyways, there's this woman sat across from me, in the same booth but across and in the far side, so diagonal like from where I'm at.

I was fucking about with my phone whilst eating a turkey wrap and drinking from a bottle of milk. And I could basically feel her check me out a few times, and I could see her thinking to herself, "fuck that guy, look at him. Thinks he's great. I'd love to give him some shit".

She was a little trashy. Single mom looking, mid forties. Salty.

After a while I feel this more intense gaze on me, so I look up and she's basically started to eyeball me outright.

Untitled Image
Think of this. Bad intention. A real, "I'm gonna fuck with you" vibe.

One other thing that occurs to me is....... perhaps she's just horny and wants a piece, but this is some kind of hard-to-get tactic. Conversely, I'd be happy enough to let single moms get their eye candy, but there's definitely a vibe of, "gonna cut you down to size, dude", going on.

So anyways I just continue fucking about on my phone when I notice she suddenly looks away and puts her hand over her face like she's ashamed.

That's when I notice the now half-empty bottle of milk I had been drinking from, had slid over the smooth surface of the table and it must have struck her arm?

I then realized she must have thought I had done it intentionally, you know, pushed the milk bottle at her........ to flirt, or get her attention?

And she was in actual fact gearing up to give me an absolute tongue lashing, before realizing I was actually oblivious and the milk bottle had slide of its own volition (thus the looking away in shame after).

I think in such a situation, almost anyone would have concluded such an event was a freak-occurrence.

Which leaves me to question, is it possible that I vibe'd as being that much of a sleazeball, that I would try and hit-on a single mom by pushing a milk bottle at her?

<JonesLaugh>

OP is the master of overthinking things.
Also since when is an empty bottle of milk falling on someone else have some sort of meaning, except maybe you're an inconsiderate clutz.

You likely suck at reading facial expressions and whatever you think you saw on her face are your own hallucinations. There are some university psychology departments that have made available online tests to measure your ability to read facial expressions. Typically it involves only leaving the eyes on a photo and asking you to guess the emotion. Take it and find out how retarded you really are.

I like trains as a form of public transport cause you have your table and USB sockets etc. Lots of space to stretch out and fuck about.

Anyways, there's this woman sat across from me, in the same booth but across and in the far side, so diagonal like from where I'm at.

I was fucking about with my phone whilst eating a turkey wrap and drinking from a bottle of milk. And I could basically feel her check me out a few times, and I could see her thinking to herself, "fuck that guy, look at him. Thinks he's great. I'd love to give him some shit".

After a while I feel this more intense gaze on me, so I look up and she's basically started to eyeball me outright.

Untitled Image

One other thing that occurs to me is....... perhaps she's just horny and wants a piece, but this is some kind of hard-to-get tactic. Conversely, I'd be happy enough to let single moms get their eye candy, but there's definitely a vibe of, "gonna cut you down to size, dude", going on.

So anyways I just continue fucking about on my phone when I notice she suddenly looks away and puts her hand over her face like she's ashamed.

That's when I notice the now half-empty bottle of milk I had been drinking from, had slid over the smooth surface of the table and it must have struck her arm?

I then realized she must have thought I had done it intentionally, you know, pushed the milk bottle at her........ to flirt, or get her attention?

And she was in actual fact gearing up to give me an absolute tongue lashing, before realizing I was actually oblivious and the milk bottle had slide of its own volition (thus the looking away in shame after).

I think in such a situation, almost anyone would have concluded such an event was a freak-occurrence.

Which leaves me to question, is it possible that I vibe'd as being that much of a sleazeball, that I would try and hit-on a single mom by pushing a milk bottle at her?

<JonesLaugh>
Pics of turkey wrap and milk?

You did fuck it up.

A true Alpha Sherdogger would have used the following timeless classic quip on her, "take a picture, it'll last longer."

Untitled Image

<JonesLaugh>
Single mom, milk, Hannibal Lector eyes? She wants you to help her

0gjOXG@small.gif

I stopped reading after the first part about your using public transit

OP is the master of overthinking things.
Also since when is an empty bottle of milk falling on someone else have some sort of meaning, except maybe you're an inconsiderate clutz.

You likely suck at reading facial expressions and whatever you think you saw on her face are your own hallucinations. There are some university psychology departments that have made available online tests to measure your ability to read facial expressions. Typically it involves only leaving the eyes on a photo and asking you to guess the emotion. Take it and find out how retarded you really are.

Is that test really valid? I've always thought I was exceptional at reading people; I'm going to take this later, hopefully I'm not in for a rude awakening 😂

Is that test really valid? I've always thought I was exceptional at reading people; I'm going to take this later, hopefully I'm not in for a rude awakening 😂

Yep it's a legit test called the "Reading the Mind in the Eyes" scale (RMET) that measures the first aspect involved in the theory of mind, which is attributing the correct mental state to the image. There are other tests but this one is interesting in that it measures more subtle cognitive deficits in emotional processing. The mean result for males is 19 and for females 21. Adults with autism score 16 or less on average, 16 being a more high-functioning score.

Yep it's a legit test called the "Reading the Mind in the Eyes" scale (RMET) that measures the first aspect involved in the theory of mind, which is attributing the correct mental state to the image. There are other tests but this one is interesting in that it measures more subtle cognitive deficits in emotional processing. The mean result for males is 19 and for females 21. Adults with autism score 16 or less on average, 16 being a more high-functioning score.
I'll take it tonight when I'm in front of my computer and report back. Have you taken it, and if so thoughts/score?

I'll take it tonight when I'm in front of my computer and report back. Have you taken it, and if so thoughts/score?

I got 31 out of 36, which is apparently 90th percentile. I always score high on those kinds of tests. It's a fun test because you can feel that it's fully a "System 1" type of thinking. You can't reason your way to the answer, you just instinctively need to feel which emotion it is.

I got 31 out of 36, which is apparently 90th percentile. I always score high on those kinds of tests. It's a fun test because you can feel that it's fully a "System 1" type of thinking. You can't reason your way to the answer, you just instinctively need to feel which emotion it is.
Interesting. Out of curiosity, are you neurodivergent in any way? Or is there anything else that would differentiate you from a "normal" person or a "normal" life? Last question I promise lol, and I only ask because I'm adhd and I wonder if there's any truth to the idea that it can be a boon in certain situations, like picking up small details others might miss.

Back