An easy plan to eradicate weight cutting completely.

i read somewhere that fighters like it (i thought it was an mmajunkie "how is it going after 2 years" analysis type article) but i cannot find that article right now.

so i found this instead. https://www.mmamania.com/2017/5/25/15693052/one-championship-abolished-weight-cutting-in-mma.

having followed it barely (which means exponentially more than most sherdoggers), everyone involved seems to think it's working just fine.

however, OneFC is unregulated, and they do some stuff behind the scenes which bothers many. apparently weight ins are not public. that sort of thing. of course with AC's regulating it, that wouldn't happen. but it allows detractors to say 'therefore, we don't really know if it's working or not, because for all we know they're shooting em full of HGH back there...."

thanks for the response

i was responding to someone who said IV's have ruined everything, and if they remove the ban, cats and dogs will get along, all lawyers will die, and rainbows of skittles for all.

i simply said they cannot just remove the iv ban is all.

but you're the expert. if i'm wrong (i suggested that they cannot remove the IV ban without dumping USADA, because USADA uses WADA which outlaws IV bans) then let me know. but it sounds like you're saying the other guy is wrong, not me.
ah, i lookd up and couldnt find for the life of me who you were replying to.

and yeh, theres no way usada would drop the iv ban, not that i can see.

agreed

bring back IVs

anecdotally, fighters seem to miss them

why?

lack of iv's has had zero impact on fighters making weight or failing to make weight.

in fact, following the iv ban the number of fighters missing weight actually dropped by more than half

why?

lack of iv's has had zero impact on fighters making weight or failing to make weight.

in fact, following the iv ban the number of fighters missing weight actually dropped by more than half
I mean, feel like I've heard both sides, but

got a link? (I know you do)

I find it hilarious how people here are trying to find ways to stop weight cutting when OneFC already did it. It's like people trying to invent the Internet in 2018.

Allegedly stopped it. Mysteriously, after they supposedly found the solution, their weigh-ins have become private, not open to the public or media. In other words, less transparency.

I mean, feel like I've heard both sides, but

got a link? (I know you do)

DVJJx4iW4AIo4KR

heres the 8 months prior to the iv ban, the 8 months post iv ban up to early weigh ins then the 8 months after

the only like for like period we have to compare is the 8 months prior to iv ban and the 8 months after the iv ban

but weight misses/weight cut related withdrawals dropped from 11 in the 8 months prior, to 4 in the 8 months after

8x3.png

Ok, then promise me that Romero doesn’t get the next shot.
He missed weight in his eliminator.

I don't care about that.

He won the fight and there are fighters that balloon up huge after they weigh in all over the place.

Back