An alternative to corporal punishment

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Many people (especially nowadays) do not agree with disciplining their kids with spankings, the belt, etc. I think these forms of discipline are becoming less and less common.

I will not hit my kids.

What if everytime one's kids misbehave one commits self-flagellation instead. Do you think that would work?

The kids would behave to not see their parent in pain.

"I will take 10 lashes because the principal told me that you skipped school!"

tenor.gif

Give it a shot and let us know when you find your kid's first victim.

How 'bout we hit you everytime our kids misbehave?

Curious about what else you posted that resulted in 22,000 likes

find your kid's minecraft and dicipline his work on there

I'll beat the shit outta your kid if you want me to

My full support on this idea.

Ue8gIFU.gif
TanAncientBlackmamba-small.gif
n7.gif

200.gif

Last edited:
How y'all feel about smashing things they love

A more effective intervention would combine the punishment procedure with some type of differential reinforcment of a replacement behavior. Additionally, an extinction protocol would be advisable assuming the target behavior can be safely turned on/off without negatively impacting the client, so behaviors like sib or aggression would not be good candidates unless extraneous variables can be safely mitigated and only done under the oversight of a qualified behaviorist. You guys need to be careful using punishment it can be detrimental to the ient if not used properly.

Legit chuckle, thanks man. Ultra progressive, and as such destined to backfire in epic fashion. I imagine row upon row of parents heads lining the streets to a fortress of Beelzebub formerly known as elementary school. Dark thoughts are healthy addition to genuinely wishing everyone peace.

A more effective intervention would combine the punishment procedure with some type of differential reinforcment of a replacement behavior. Additionally, an extinction protocol would be advisable assuming the target behavior can be safely turned on/off without negatively impacting the client, so behaviors like sib or aggression would not be good candidates unless extraneous variables can be safely mitigated and only done under the oversight of a qualified behaviorist. You guys need to be careful using punishment it can be detrimental to the ient if not used properly.

Back on the adderall?

How y'all feel about smashing things they love

There is something about the very first scene that I just loved. Something about that giant Mario on the wall just looking down at it all really tied that destruction together for me. Perfection

People act like corporal punishment and the like = kids becoming violent and unstable. But we didn't have things like waves of school shooters until it was overwhelmingly popular NOT to punish kids with spankings or anything else than super weak measures like "timeout."

I'm not saying timeout is useless, it still can be useful for small things. But waiting out a clock while not having any real punishment doesn't register as much of a deterrent in a person's mind for more flagrant offenses. It's like a non-expiring 80% OFF! coupon for any and all ethical rule violations.

Which is why no matter how far they go later in life, they only expect that they deserve to be sat in a corner. So of course they're going to get their effort's worth. It breeds psychopaths

Last edited:
People act like corporal punishment and the like = kids becoming violent and unstable. But we didn't have things like waves of school shooters until it was overwhelmingly popular NOT to punish kids with spankings or anything else than super weak measures like "timeout."

I'm not saying timeout is useless, it still can be useful for small things. But waiting out a clock while not having any real punishment doesn't register as much of a deterrent in a person's mind for more flagrant offenses. It's like a perpetual 80% off! coupon for ethical rule breakings.

not about that really

those shootings happen in places where they beat the fuck out of kids as well (russia)

i will say this though that eastern euro kids are usually more polite that western (they become alcoholics later but as kids/teens they cool)

not about that really

those shootings happen in places where they beat the fuck out of kids as well (russia)

i will say this though that eastern euro are usually more polite that western (they become alcoholics later but as kids/teens they cool)

They probably go way too far in punishmen (for little to no violation), in those cases you're talking about, which creates the same problem. Ethical dysmorphia. The kids grow to have no real instinctive scale with which to measure their actions, so they go all out.

It still didn't happen in the West until (not even serious enough to be called) slap-on-the-wrist punishments became universal "discipline" for any and all offenses a kid might do.

They probably go way too far in punishment, in those cases you're talking about, which creates the same problem. Ethical dysmorphia. They have no real instinctive scale with which to measure their actions, so they go all out.

like i remember watching in sweden a kid messing around in one of those flower gardens that some places have in public

my mother would have buried me in that flower garden if i would have gone to fuck around there as a kid lol

same goes for public transport, start screaming and im throwing you off the train

I'm not saying timeout is useless, it still can be useful for small things. But waiting out a clock while not having any real punishment doesn't register as much of a deterrent in a person's mind for more flagrant offenses. It's like a non-expiring 90% OFF! coupon for any and all ethical rule violations.

Which is why no matter how far they go later in life, they only expect that they deserve to be sat in a corner. So of course they're going to get their effort's worth. It breeds psychopaths

And the murder rate in the US now is lower than it's ever been so your point is clearly true.

The little shits shooting up schools are doing it with their idiot parents guns (or ones their idiot parents have bought them) and they were brought up getting the shit beaten out of them by their parents. That didn't teach them to keep fucking guns out of the hands of their children.

School shooting aren't down to corporal punishment or no corporal punishment they're down to a county having 400 million guns too.

Whats the correlation in the UK for school shootings and corporal punishment? None before, none now.

like i remember watching in sweden a kid messing around in one of those flower gardens that some places have in public

my mother would have buried me in that flower garden if i would have gone to fuck around there as a kid lol

same goes for public transport, start screaming and im throwing you off the train

Hey-- you get one thing straight here, buddy, school shootings started here in the feminized West!

*flexes both arms*

Back