An alternative to corporal punishment

And the murder rate in the US now is lower than it's ever been so your point is clearly true.

The little shits shooting up schools are doing it with their idiot parents guns (or ones their idiot parents have bought them) and they were brought up getting the shit beaten out of them by their parents. That didn't teach them to keep fucking guns out of the hands of their children.

School shooting aren't down to corporal punishment or no corporal punishment they're down to a county having 400 million guns too.

Whats the correlation in the UK for school shootings and corporal punishment? None before, none now.

I'm not talking about crime. There's plenty of reasons crime is down, and a lot of it is because crime is harder to do now (everyone having cellphones and staying inside, even pre-covid by 2 decades)

Wall sits
Burpees
Removal of favorite items
Of course the old fashioned put your nose in the corner.

Spanking should be last resort.

White people you need to beat your kids.

The old school way of spanking, etc can be effective as long as it's used as a supplement to good parenting. Spanking alone will not change a bad child into a good child. My dad is a great man and taught me to be a good man. I was a mischievous child and my father kicked my ass very often. It was normal parenting back then.

I think I turned out quite stable. I have a great relationship with my parents and my siblings, no criminal record, solid income, etc.

On the flip side, my son is 12 and I've never needed to spank him. I've barely ever needed to discipline him at all. He's a great kid. I think it's how we raised him.

In summary, spanking is not needed, provided that good parenting was being done from day 1. This isn't the case must of the time. I've coached children's sports teams and I've concluded that most parents these days are useless, selfish, lazy cunts.

Back