Amongst other Puerto Rican greats, where do you rank Cotto?

Best fighter from PR ever.

He's done as much or more than Ortiz, Benitez and Gomez- who are the guys who come to mind as being the greatest PR fighters.

is his win tonight better than the one over mosley ?

To me this serves as Icing on his cake , already a Hall of Famer before this not this just puts him in Higher regard.

is his win tonight better than the one over mosley ?

Definitely. Mosley may have been in better condition, but this was for the lineal 160 pound championship.

eh not sure about best. Carlos Ortiz was probably the best or Gomez. But he is most certainly up there

Is he better than Trinidad?

He did beat his mexican contemporary rival in Antonio Margarito, unlike Trinidad who could not beat DLH. But Cotto does have some big time losses too.

He did beat his mexican contemporary rival in Antonio Margarito, unlike Trinidad who could not beat DLH. But Cotto does have some big time losses too.

Trinidad beat DLH. You people need to get some sleep.

Pretty much equal in the loss category. Tito lost to Wright and Hopkins. Cotto to Pac and Floyd.

Pac and floyd > wright and flopkibs

I suppose but its close. Wright was for real. He had lost to Simon and Vargas and someone else I can't recall but had a lot of quality wins and was a top guy as was Hopkins.

I suppose but its close. Wright was for real. He had lost to Simon and Vargas and someone else I can't recall but had a lot of quality wins and was a top guy as was Hopkins.

Paul Williams is the other guy.

I give cotto 1st spot on the list.

I'd say he's better than Tito. Cotto was competitive against Floyd despite the loss, he gave Pac a good first few rounds, and he avenged his loss to Margacheato. Tito robbed DLH, and got worked by B-Hop.

Trinidad would have just murdered this version of Martinez, much like he murdered William Joppy.

The Hopkins Trinidad fought is miles ahead of Martinez. Miles. Not even on the same planet.

Trinidad would have just murdered this version of Martinez, much like he murdered William Joppy.

The Hopkins Trinidad fought is miles ahead of Martinez. Miles. Not even on the same planet.

This is all very true. Hopkins would have murdered Sergio at any point of Sergio's career.

And if Cottos hook was hitting, think of what the bigger, stronger Tito would do.

I rank Cotto over Tito tho. I am not familiar enough with the other great PR fighters.

Back