Americans please explain BLM to Europeans

Ultrashogun

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
So lots of threads are about BLM now. It looks like a pretty radical new movement, strongly fueled by social media and a reaction to percieved racism against black people. I was raised on the US and I visit regularely so I understand the American social dynamics regarding race.

Please answer the following questions for me, trying to stay objective and not inflammatory.

1) Is it really as diffuse as its "internet presence"? Apart from the internet do you encounter BLM regularely? Do black coworkers and friends feel strongly about it?

2)What exactly do they demand? I understand the typical buzzwords, " equality", "tolerance" etc, but technically what is it that they want changed?

Americans have no clue. Probably should ask a black person.

Someone is first going to have to explain it to us. You'll have to get some garbage Liberal posters in here to try to explain it, but even they don't really know what they think they believe.

1) Is it really as diffuse as its "internet presence"? Apart from the internet do you encounter BLM regularely? Do black coworkers and friends feel strongly about it?

2)What exactly do they demand? I understand the typical buzzwords, " equality", "tolerance" etc, but technically what is it that they want changed?

1. It's not a major presence in American life. I have seen physical evidence of its existence outside maybe twice. Black friends have not commented on it to me that I can recall.

2. http://www.joincampaignzero.org/solutions/#solutionsoverview

they have legitimate concerns about police conduct, but these also apply to other races.

If it's one thing every culture has in common. Indian, chinese, Russian, middle east,....when they arrive In America and see it first hand, they all make the wtf face and slowly learn to just look the other way and let them be.

Blacks are responsible for 52% of murders and homicides despite only making up 13% of the population but it's somehow not their fault.

Black leaders use black people like puppets to stay relevant, is the gist of it all.

other then the internet and tv, i have never come across anything having to do with blm in real life. I know its somewhere, but its not in every day life for me

Who and what is a "black" leader?
The people who start movements like BLM and insist that black people are perpetual victims to get attention. Seems fairly obvious, no?

they have legitimate concerns about police conduct, but these also apply to other races.
Not quite but nice try. For example, one thing that has people upset is the DOJ report on Ferguson, and the Missouri state government statistics showing higher criminality in contraband possession among whites, yet blacks are more frequently searched.

Who and what is a "black" leader?

They usually have the title "reverend" and they talk loudly and obnoxiously about race relations ONLY when a black person is gunned down by a white person or Cop.

They also extort companies for cash whenever one of their executives say "You people" or something similar.

other then the internet and tv, i have never come across anything having to do with blm in real life. I know its somewhere, but its not in every day life for me

Both DNC candidates pander to them so they aren't that obscure or insignificant.

The people who start movements like BLM and insist that black people are perpetual victims to get attention. Seems fairly obvious, no?
This is circular reasoning.

Not quite but nice try. For example, one thing that has people upset is the DOJ report on Ferguson, and the Missouri state government statistics showing higher criminality in contraband possession among whites, yet blacks are more frequently searched.

So only blacks get searched by the police?

Back