American UFC champions

• Thread starter Deleted member 265015
  • Start date
Haha...dude, side note. Why in the WORLD in a country whose best fighters were around 170-150 would they so highlight the heavies? They really do love the Bob Sapps over there.
The grass is always greener.

The day Japan produces their own home grown Bob Sapp is the day JMMA comes back in a huge way.

The grass is always greener.

The day Japan produces their own home grown Bob Sapp is the day JMMA comes back in a huge way.

Yeah, you're right there. Is it possible there bigger guys are pulled to sumo? I mean, THOSE dudes are monsters. yes, there's a lot of body fat, but their enormity can sustain it and it aids in Sumo. Their frames are quite large.

If Cain is Mexican... Machida is Japanese! He's taking that belt back home to the land of the RISING SUN!!!

LOL!!!
Good point!

That's a plot twist that Dana would LOVE!!!!!!

What If Machida beats Weidman before Mendes gets to Aldo?

What if Bagutinov takes down Mighty Mouse?

And Khabib is going to dethrone anyone who stands in his way, Brazilian or American.

8ball ain't so easy as it looks.

Late 2001 - Early 2002

Jens Pulver
Matt Hughes
Dave Menne
Tito Ortiz
Randy Couture

You lost me on the rest. What was different about the signing policy and how does that change that with (I believe) a Japanese heavy roster they weren't leading in the belt count?

We are talking about an era in which guys like Boby Ologun got fights at Dynamite NYE events and pro-wrestlers like Nagata and Dos Caras were sent against Cro Cop or Fedor just for fun. A lot of guys signed in Pride wouldn't have made it to nowadays UFC, they didn't have the same criteria. That's why numbers didn't have the same effect.

at certain points UFC, WEC, Strikeforce, Jungle Fight, KSW and many more orgs had all national champs.

I think Pride maybe never had all japanese champs, and probably ONE FC will never have all singaporean champs.

Cain is extremely more Mexican than any other American fighter in the UFC.

I'm American, but I wonder exactly how many champions from other countries we would have if MMA was fought in a Ring instead of a Cage. A Cage benefits wrestlers more than any other art, which is the American bread and butter.

Back