American UFC champions

• Thread starter Deleted member 265015
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 265015

Americans currently own 7 of the 8 weight classes. Is this the most dominating a country has ever been?

Jose Aldo stands in our way....we're doomed.

Yup, and soon to be 8 American Champs.

lol Poor Canada, they had GSP for so long representing. Between Canada and Brazil, are there any prospects that could potentially win a title anytime soon?

And plz don't say Rory, he's gonna get smashed by Woodley.

6 american champs. Despite being born in america, living in america, training in america, attending american schools and being married to an american, cain is somehow billed as mexican.

lol Poor Canada, they had GSP for so long representing. Between Canada and Brazil, are there any prospects that could potentially win a title anytime soon?

How do you know? You must be from the future.

Aldo will not let the Americans take his featherweight gold.

6 american champs. Despite being born in america, living in america, training in america, attending american schools and being married to an american, cain is somehow billed as mexican.

A dog born in a stable a horse not maketh.

Well, it is an American organization, but hard to deny most of the worlds top MMA talent is in the UFC. It's a hell of a time for the U.S., but I can't imagine it will last long. Not to shit on my own, but there's a lot of talent in the world.

And from a business stand point it's not good. Hard to market the UFC to countries with no champs.

A dog born in a stable a horse not maketh.

We're not talking species or even race, but nationality. Being born in and raised in America makes you an American. It's what his parents wanted for him, and he has not given up his born citizenship or even learned Spanish.

Somehow I find this hilarious! (and sadly true!).

But don't worry.
Werdum & Machida will take those belts back to Brazil.
Then Barao will avenge his.

Then We will see a Brazilian claiming they are back on top and Americans will be all butthurt, claiming it is poor taste to gloat, and the circle of life will continue...

Since Ken Shamrock won the UFC Superfight championship belt until GSP won the WW championship belt (1995-2006), pretty much every UFC champion was American... With a few short live exceptions like Newton, Bas, and Vitor.

People keep going on like Americans being UFC champions is a new thing. When really, they've run the show forever because it's an American organization. Of course they have all the champions. The majority of the roster is from that country.

How do you know? You must be from the future.

True, I don't know, but the obvious answer to my question from fanboys would be Rory, however I want to hear about other possible champions from those two countries.

Wanna bet?

TJ grant could very well win the belt on a good night. Hes Canadian.

And Lyoto, Jacare, Vitor are brazilians who are on the brink of becoming champion.

People keep going on like Americans being UFC champions is a new thing. When really, they've run the show forever because it's an American organization. Of course they have all the champions. The majority of the roster is from that country.

And I agree that would (and does) effect who is champ, but even still doesn't the cream rise to the top? YES, the majority of fighters are American which offers a level of saturation, but in the end, if the BEST fighters from around the world are there, wouldn't they still reach the top? Remember the end of Pride? How many Japanese were belt holders?

I'm not trying to combat you, I agree in part, but trying to understand better.

And I agree that would (and does) effect who is champ, but even still doesn't the cream rise to the top? YES, the majority of fighters are American which offers a level of saturation, but in the end, if the BEST fighters from around the world are there, wouldn't they still reach the top? Remember the end of Pride? How many Japanese were belt holders?

I'm not trying to combat you, I agree in part, but trying to understand better.
Punk kids neither you nor I have heard of from Brazil or Russia could be UFC champions right now if given the opportunity.

How often have we seen younger fighters taking the UFC belts from the more known champions?

How many people wrote off Weidman before he was champion? How many people wrote off Edgar? Same for Barao, Aldo, etc, etc.

Unknown fighters are dangerous. Way more dangerous then the experienced fighters who have years and years of tape to analyze their games.

Young American fighters are just given the opportunity to fight for the UFC belt more often than the young unknown fighters from other countries. Fighters from other countries need to prove themselves more.

You'll never see a Brazilian fighter who was 9-0 fight for the UFC MW championship like Weidman. Or 8-0 for the HW championship like Cain. Or 12-1 for the LHW championship like Jones. It just doesn't happen. The Brazilian fighter needs to prove himself in Brazil before he can come over to America, which means he'll most likely already have 15+ fights and lots of tape for his opponent to analyze.

Back