AMBER Alert in Los Angeles.

I got it. I don't mind them too much since they don't happen often. Also, I think there is a way to turn them off if you don't want to receive them.

That usually just comes over the radio or TV here, though I have seen helicopters with loud speakers announcing overhead before.

I wonder how many times a child has been hiding safely from a child abductor when the sound of an Amber alert gave away the hiding spot.

I work in Pomona so I got the alert. It was even on the news while I was eating my lunch.

I got the alert on my phone too. It's a good system. Makes it easier to catch these guys.

Yep. Didn't subscribe to it or anything. Got one too but it didn't beep or anything but it was on the lock screen.

Just goes to show you how much authorities can get into your phones.

In this case I don't have an issue. Fuck pedos.

What a piece of shit. I hope the child is safe and will be found soon.

was asleep and my phone started beeping like mad
nifty alert

Yeah I got one today in Palm Desert, along with like 50 other people in a crowded restaurant. It was quite the scene with everyone freaking out because everyone was getting alerts all at once. People were getting up and looking around like, "WTF is happening, shit is going down!!"

I got one earlier tonight while I was watching xmen. Everyone's phones went off at the same time. Pretty interesting, but I always feel bad when I get an amber alert.

Amber alerts have a long range. Of someone abducts a kid in la, how long would it take for them to drive very far? Last time this jhappened, I was in thebayy. A kid got abducted in San Diego and they ended up in Oregon I believe.

Yeah I got one today in Palm Desert, along with like 50 other people in a crowded restaurant. It was quite the scene with everyone freaking out because everyone was getting alerts all at once. People were getting up and looking around like, "WTF is happening, shit is going down!!"

I was at work for my first one. Work at a company that makes software for smart phones. That shit got real

Back