AMBER Alert in Los Angeles.

Terror Zone

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Phone was on silent but it started beeping. Got the message about an orange 2004 Nissan. I'm in LA county though, so it made sense that I got the message.

one time i got a mobile alert from my school saying how a short mexican man was going around campus flashing people and to be careful and not approach him lol.

I'm not sure if it bothers you or not, but there is a way to disable amber alerts, and other alerts with the exception of Presidential alerts. I didn't do it because i don't care, but because those alerts freak the the hell out. How to disable depends on your phone.

I got it, but I'm near Barstow..kiiiinda far from LA county.

I got an Amber Alert on my iPhone at like 3AM one night and it scared the hell out of me. It was a really loud beeping noise and the missing child wasn't even from my state. I had to turn the alerts off after that.

yeah and im at work in tustin, in orange county

so closer to you i guess

I pray that the child is found safe. They need to get that started in my state.

I wondered what the hell was going on the first time I got one, the phone made a really weird noise.

I actually just noticed the setting to turn these off yesterday after having the phone for a few years. I think I've maybe had 2 ever though

some people in my office building get those via text message......i dont for some reason. but my weather app is constantly telling me about child abductions.

its really depressing. i probably see one or two of these alerts on my phone a week.

got that same amber alert. who would drive an orange car?

Got the amber alert while I was in the movie theater watching DOFP

Wait a second. So alerts just pop up on everyone's phones? Never heard of that.

Wait a second. So alerts just pop up on everyone's phones? Never heard of that.

Yep. Didn't subscribe to it or anything. Got one too but it didn't beep or anything but it was on the lock screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back